SiouxSports.com Forum

New Logo

Riverman

Has anyone else noticed the new logo is on just about every thing you can think of? Can someone tell me if UND takes 4% off the top for every item sold with the logo?

Coincidental with the switch to the new logo, UND started using CLC as their licensing company (before they did it all internally). That brought with it a host of new rules and regulations (poke around UND.edu and you'll find a lot of licensing info that didn't used to be there). My understanding is that all merchandise is now 10% off the top.

Along with this new agressiveness towards marketing comes a defense of the logo (notice that siouxsports.com doesn't use UND logos much anymore?) That's not by choice.

There's a good example of the kind of organization they never had before -- note that it has a 10% licensing requirement on that logo.

This page lists a lot of the rules/regulations regarding logo use:

http://www.UND.edu/dept/our/visual.html

FWIW, we have the good fortune that one of the people who helps with SiouxSports.com is an IP attorney. We've actually gone back and forth a bit with CLC about what constitutes "fair use". I actually expect to reintroduce a few UND logos soon and see what happens.

Can you change the color of this board from the pale blue to "Pantone 347"? :D

I am actually currently working on a new greener "skin" for the board. Once it's finished I'll make it the default for the board, but if you want to use it now you can switch to it in the user control panel under "skins".

I am a new member to this Message Board but I must say I am impressed with JBB and his persistent attemps to upset UND fans anyway possible. Now your point is a an arguable one and anybody (Sioux nation or not) has the right to voice their opinion on the subject of % cut on use of the logo. However, I feel you use those issues (refering to your comment on our president being racist on a seperate board) just to get UND fans in an uproar. I don't beleive it is working, but it will keep my fingers busy in the future.

It is reassuring that you have nothing better to do than watch this board like a hawk and put in your immature comments just to get off; definately NDSU education at work. But then again anybody can let me know otherwise, because I am just a "rookie". :D

JBB: NDSU takes 10% and doesn't give any to a wildlife fund.

Would guess it would go to rancher organizations, rather than wildlife funds, since bison are for the most part "livestock", in spite of Ted Turner (who's ownership is just a very large ranch).