SiouxSports.com Forum

Advertising

bisonguy

I was up in Grand Forks last week, and didn't see any UND football billboards up there. I haven't seen any in Fargo, either, and there's usually at least a couple in Fargo. No TV ads in Fargo, either.

I thought REA was hired to do the advertising for the athletic program :lol:. Did I just not see the billboards in GF, or isn't there any advertising for UND football, yet? :p

For a short while they had a billboard NW of the Engelstad when fb season tickets went on sale. I don't know if it is still up or not. Other than that I have not seen any around GF at all. I also haven't really been out on interstate or US-2 lately so I don't know if there are any by the highways. The only other thing I can think of is that the video billboards at REA and the ALERUS have been advertising fb alot lately, but that is it. Has anyone else seen anything around town or know what their plans are? Maybe I have just completely been blind and not noticed anything.

I hadn't thought about it, but since it is brought up, I guess I haven't seen much either. Around this time last year, they were advertising heavily with the "back on track" campaign. With the season just a couple weeks away, you'd think there'd be more visible media. If season ticket sales are indeed down from last year, they certainly should be advertising, IMO. Kind of disappointing. :p

Who knows, maybe they spent their whole budget on "UND decorations & banners" at the Alerus. But that's a whole different can of worms. :lol:

and your point is?

It's not a point or an attempt to make one. It's a question (note the '?'). I thought I saw someting earlier that REA Inc. was hired by UND for advertising and promotion of athletics starting this year. REA seems to do a good job for advertising and promotion of the arena and UND hockey.

We are ranked pre-season Number #1 and there is no media coverage about football. All they talk about is the world juniors tryouts. I know coach Lennon is very upset about the lack of press , as he should be. You have one of the best teams around and it's two weeks before a big home open game and their is nothing said about it. Could you imagine if it was hockey, there would be something in the paper the last two weeks hyping this up. Let's start getting ready for football and not worry about hockey right now.

We are ranked pre-season Number #1 and there is no media coverage about football. All they talk about is the world juniors tryouts. I know coach Lennon is very upset about the lack of press , as he should be. You have one of the best teams around and it's two weeks before a big home open game and their is nothing said about it. Could you imagine if it was hockey, there would be something in the paper the last two weeks hyping this up. Let's start getting ready for football and not worry about hockey right now.

One has to do with a professional hockey tournament with teams from around the world. The other is a Division 2 football team with school not even started yet. No one will ever be happy.

One has to do with a professional hockey tournament with teams from around the world. The other is a Division 2 football team with school not even started yet. No one will ever be happy.

Actually, the world junior tournament is an amateur event...but that really has no bearing on whether or not UND football is being advertised properly.

I saw the other day that they put the football billboard up by the ralph again. It was a hugo's board just the other day. Wow, talk about great advertisement for one of the best football programs in the country right now. Maybe they had to spend all of their money on those beautiful new bushes they planted around our great soccer stadium! :p

• 2 weeks later...

I saw that they put up another billboard about a week ago. I am surprised that there hasn't been a huge ad campaign in these last couple of days. Especially with UND being ranked #1 in the nation. For the fair weather fans, this would be the time to show up. You would think UND would realize that. Has anyone seen any tv ads or anything?

Try watching the news or shortly thereafter (WDAx or KVLY 10:00)-

They start off with some of the players in an empty Alerus Center warming up and tossing the football around. Then it says something like "Without you...... it's just a game." Then it cuts to game highlights and the rockin tunes that seem to be prevalent in football commercials. As I said earlier, it's a pretty good TV ad(way better than last year's).