SiouxSports.com Forum

Twin Cities stadium ratings

SiouxVolley

2 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Found this rather surprising.  The highest rated stadium was Allianz Field.  The next highest one is where the St Paul Saints play.  The Gophers stadiums fill the rear.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bringmethenews.com/.amp/minnesota-sports/with-allianz-field-complete-we-rank-the-best-looking-twin-cities-sports-stadiums

Based only on how they look from the outside.

The saints stadium is great.  I'd rather go to a game there than target field any day of the week.  Except today I guess.  More intimate venues normally have a better fan experience.  Was at us bank for the first time and decided id rather be at the Alerus.  Was so far away from the field I couldn't see what was really happening.

16 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Found this rather surprising.  The highest rated stadium was Allianz Field.  The next highest one is where the St Paul Saints play.  The Gophers stadiums fill the rear.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bringmethenews.com/.amp/minnesota-sports/with-allianz-field-complete-we-rank-the-best-looking-twin-cities-sports-stadiums

Did you even read it or just not understand what it was saying? It rated them strictly on looks from the outside. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Now before you raise the pitchforks, we just want to make it clear that these are purely cosmetic rankings based on how they look on the outside.

We're very aware that some are far nicer than others inside but let's face it, as that isn't what most Minnesotans see on a day-to-day basis. And no, we're not taking into account atmosphere or anything like that, we're trying to be as shallow as possible here.

6 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Did you even read it or just not understand what it was saying? It rated them strictly on looks from the outside. Nothing more, nothing less. 

It's in the title.

That Allianz Stadium is what UND should have for FBS, with a retractable dome and green and white lights.

Set you up for it.

22 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

It's in the title.

That Allianz Stadium is what UND should have for FBS, with a retractable dome and green and white lights.

Set you up for it.

Highest rated stadium =/= Best Looking Stadium

The former was your comment. The latter was the title and subject matter of the article you linked to. The title of the thread says it was the ratings of the stadium, which it isn't. They are ranked by looks. So either you were being misleading and leaving out what they were actually ranking or you didn't grasp the concept.

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

interesting.  love when you post this type of stuff.  you subscribed to some type of trade journal for this type of thing or something?

A just do google searches like “new stadiums”, or “FBS growth”,  as I’m interested in what is changing.

• Upvote 1

Just now, SiouxVolley said:

A just do google searches like “new stadiums”, or “FBS growth”,  as I’m interested in what is changing.

Gotcha.  Not sure if you recognize my username - I give you crap sometimes, but just wanted to say I really do appreciate this stuff.