SiouxSports.com Forum

Kessel

schmidtdoggydog

Kessel article

Obviously, he is a very sought-after recruit. It was reported several weeks ago that he had narrowed his list to four schools, but UND was not one of the four.

Although I think it is a longshot that he winds up at UND (it's just a feeling, I don't have any info to support that hunch) it is interesting that he now lists six schools, and UND is one of them.

SSD you beat me to the punch for this post.

The big decision

If anyone bumps into this fella next week in GF you might want to first shake his hand and introduce yourself, then talk to him about some numbers; 7 and .641. He wants to win a National Championship, right? I

I suspect UND is suddenly on the list because he'll be here for the WJ camp and will be able to see the facilities, etc. Therefore, might as well say that you are giving them a look, even if it is not serious. Seems like all the schools listed except a couple are schools he'll be visiting for camps/tournament type things. I think someone commented on another board that he'll be playing in BU's arena in the near future for some reason too.

I suspect UND is suddenly on the list because he'll be here for the WJ camp and will be able to see the facilities, etc.  Therefore, might as well say that you are giving them a look, even if it is not serious.  Seems like all the schools listed except a couple are schools he'll be visiting for camps/tournament type things.  I think someone commented on another board that he'll be playing in BU's arena in the near future for some reason too.

I think Dagies is tracking here. He gets a chance to use the facilities, sit in the wirl pool, see the weight room, you know get to use the equipment for free, kind of a test drive. If I were some of the UND coaches and players I would be showing this kid a good time. I am not suggesting taking him to Shelly (Strip bar) or setting him up with one of the local girls and getting him drunk and stupid, I am suggesting having him experiece some of the UND mystic.

We dont want a situation like they have in the colorado football program

It happened in Mpls too with the Gopher football program too.

Yikes, that is apparently how they lost one of the top Minnesota recruits.

Yikes, that is apparently how they lost one of the top Minnesota recruits.

Off topic: It was the Murtha kid from Hutchinson. That situation got overblown. The kid was just looking for an excuse to follow his buddy from Hutch to Nebraska.

Back to Kessel talk.

I think Dagies is tracking here. He gets a chance to use the facilities, sit in the wirl pool, see the weight room, you know get to use the equipment for free, kind of a test drive. If I were some of the UND coaches and players I would be showing this kid a good time. I am not suggesting taking him to Shelly (Strip bar) or setting him up with one of the local girls and getting him drunk and stupid, I am suggesting having him experiece some of the UND mystic.

Isn't this type of recruiting why someone said the Gophs lost out on Bochenski? :lol:

I think the article said he has connections to most of the schools he's considering, but didn't mention any connections to UND. I'd consider UND to be a long-shot at this point, but you never know after he sees the facilities.

That's exactly what I was thinking. From what I have read, Michigan and Wisconsin were the frontrunners, but you can't help but be impressed when you walk into the hockey facilities at UND. It's still a long shot, but there's a chance UND could rise on his list after his visit.

Off topic: It was the Murtha kid from Hutchinson. That situation got overblown. The kid was just looking for an excuse to follow his buddy from Hutch to Nebraska.

Back to Kessel talk.

Thats actually the guy I was refering to.