SiouxSports.com Forum

Lucia...

Let'sGoHawks!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh hell no. Not going to happen. If I was in Duluth right now I would be worried. I would bet that Sandie is one of the leading candidates for the job. I don't even think he is that great of a coach.

As a Colorado College alum and former GF resident, I'd be thrilled to see Lucia go to UND. This however is very unlikely as he's been very successful with one of college hockey's premier teams, Minnesota. The only reason why I think there is even the slightest chance of Lucia being interested in the UND job is that apparently he is very family oriented and he hasn't been thrilled with all of the committments that have come with the U of M job....an aspect he didn't have when coaching at CC.

I think Lucia will be the Head Coach of the Sioux with Scotty Bowman coming out of retirement to coach SCSU, Dahl moving on to Minneapolis and Sauer returns to the helm of the Badgers.

Meanwhile, Bochenski transfers to Bemidji State, Schneider goes pro early, and Tim Hennessey decides to work for for Fox Sports North when Doug Woog is hired to be the Sioux's assistant coach.

Now that we've gotten all the BS off our backs... back to reality. :D

I think Lucia will be the Head Coach of the Sioux with Scotty Bowman coming out of retirement to coach SCSU, Dahl moving on to Minneapolis and Sauer returns to the helm of the Badgers.

You really love the Redwings, I'm not sure if you ever post anything without mentioning Scotty Bowman or a Red Wings player.

Keith Ballard - 2 NCAA Titles

Zach Parise - 0 NCAA Titles (2 chokes)

Bye Bye Parise, Bye Bye Blais, Bye Bye Bochenski (NHL or currency fraud)

Don't ya just love these clowns that join the board on the day of some unfortunate program news?? What a jacka$$$.....I mean you there skippy

Grand Forks the armpit??? Minneapolis isn't the best place in the world, whether you are getting shot up in North MSP, or stuck in traffic for hours anywhere else, it is not a very desirable place to live. The twin cities is basically a bunch of cities like Grand Forks lined up one after the other anyway! I love how people in the Cities think they are "above" people in Grand Forks, Duluth and St. Cloud because they happen to be from a bigger city. I hate Shaquille O'Neal, but he said it best "The only good thing to come out of Minneapolis is Prince". It seems some Gopher fans use the "big city" approach for ammunition when dealing with the Sioux because it is all they have. Forget about the city, look at the facts: The Fighting Sioux are one of the best programs in the nation. Herb Brooks said it best: If you want to make it to the NHL, go to North Dakota.

I will stop now.

Thanks

Just like in the 04 Final five Championship :D?

Grand Forks - The official armpit of North America

I guess the NCAA took a departure from norm and awarded the National Championship to the WCHA Final Five winner last year. Congrats..you guys deserved it. ;)

Keith Ballard - 2 NCAA Titles

Zach Parise - 0 NCAA Titles (2 chokes)

Bye Bye Parise, Bye Bye Blais, Bye Bye Bochenski (NHL or currency fraud)

Take your trash to USCHO or POI. The summer crew here definately doesn't need to hear it.

I'm sorry that your only choices for entertainment are a Sioux game or a 12 pack of Blatz with a can of vaseline and a Parise poster. I'm sorry that you make $8 an hour because of where you live. I'm sorry that all of the women at your school are cows. And I'm also sorry that your hockey program is going down the crapper. Looking forward to the series in October. Grand Forks is just like Vegas (after a couple of days you gotta get the hell out of there).

I'm sorry that your only choices for entertainment are a Sioux game or a 12 pack of Blatz with a can of vaseline and a Parise poster. I'm sorry that you make $8 an hour because of where you live. I'm sorry that all of the women at your school are cows. And I'm also sorry that your hockey program is going down the crapper. Looking forward to the series in October. Grand Forks is just like Vegas (after a couple of days you gotta get the hell out of there).

Hope you have a good virus scan program installed on your PC :D

Actually that'd be a case of MGD, bottle of KY, and a real live girl. Your inflatable women might be better looking at UM, but I'll put our real ones up against yours anyday. All the hot ones come to North dakota ;):D

Oh and Gary, Indiana is the armpit...or it's somewhere in New Jersey. ;)

You really love the Redwings, I'm not sure if you ever post anything without mentioning Scotty Bowman or a Red Wings player.

Really?

I don't mention the Red Wings that much, only concentration of this was during the NHL playoffs. It ended with the Red Wings season so to speak. I only referred to Gallant and Bowman recently.

However, I refer to the Red Wings for the simple reason that I understand that NHL team better than most others. They are my favorite NHL team.

As for the trolls, I'm surprised they waited this long to show up.

Edit: MNS is right, Gary, Indiana is the armpit of the world. My best friend moved back from Gary to Fargo (if you can believe it) because FARGO was better than Gary. Go fig.

North Dakota isn't perfect, no state is perfect. Minnesota recently rated among the top 10 in worst drivers in America, but I still enjoy my time in the Twin Cities. Alcoholism is as much a part of the Twin Cities as it is in Grand Forks, or northern Minnesota. The only difference is that, in Grand Forks, there are less people than Minneapolis, hence it looks like more people are out drinking.

Edited by redwing77

If Lucia were hired I'd denounce my Sioux allegiance immediately. Looking at that guys roof makes me glad I'm bald. Donnie has to be burning up inside. It's a well known fact that he wants to coach the pros some day. He sees Deano leaving and realizes that he is stuck with a bunch of perm wearing losers for another year. Bummer.

SOH, I'd think you'd be jealous of anyone making $8.00 an hour. I may be wrong as I'm not sure what they are paying the guys who clean monkey cages now days.

A post like this will make it very difficult for GOON to type his words of comfort to Gopher fans when we begin the season slowly. :D

While a coaching change, especially a surprising one, is jolting to a team, the cupboard is full. There will be a period of adjustment, but the Sioux are deep and talented. The anti-thesis of how Woog and Sauer left their programs.

What I don't understand is why Dean left to be an associate head coach? Didn't he think he could get a head coaching job in the NHL? I would think with his record he could.

I know the track-record of college hockey coaches making it big isn't the greatest but i think Dean will be very successful.

A post like this will make it very difficult for GOON to type his words of comfort to Gopher fans when we begin the season slowly. :D

While a coaching change, especially a surprising one, is jolting to a team, the cupboard is full. There will be a period of adjustment, but the Sioux are deep and talented. The anti-thesis of how Woog and Sauer left their programs.

What I don't understand is why Dean left to be an associate head coach? Didn't he think he could get a head coaching job in the NHL? I would think with his record he could.

I know the track-record of college hockey coaches making it big isn't the greatest but i think Dean will be very successful.

I am sure it won't take long before State of Hockey gets the hook from the web page.