SiouxSports.com Forum

TB bye bye! and GOOD RIDDANCE!

SiouxMeNow

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know for a fact DB had a lot of "issues" with the way Engelstad management was running the arena. He would often mention to me, personally, how he thought they cared more about the "bottom line" (ie hosting circuses and whatever loser-country act was hot at the time) than making hockey the priority of the arena. Granted - hockey isn't a year-round endeavor but DB thought hockey was being taken for granted at times when it should have been the priority. I still think this is all a coincedence of timing but anyone else here (goo?) about the "filing cabinet" incident that might have been the last straw and maybe pushed dean to say, *uck it! yeah i'll take your nhl job?

Dean Blais is a fine coach and a great guy. We can all claim to know this or that, and most of it is probably true because we are Sioux fans who, as a lot, are loaded with integrity.

Bottom line? Dean left for one reason and one reason only.

Change. Change is good. I know this for a fact from my own experience. I am sure that many of you will say the same. Change takes guts and courage. When made, change is good.

Except, of course, if one is trying to throw out the present administration on a national level and seat John "Let Me Change My Position On That Point" Kerry.

found out from a source that TB does indeed have 30 days and he is out..a source inside REA....but he will remain nameless....their is my validity!!!! all you doubters!!!! there could be more shake ups than that in the VERY near future...STAY TUNED!!!!

found out from a source that TB does indeed have 30 days and he is out..a source inside REA....but he will remain nameless....their is my validity!!!! all you doubters!!!!  there could be more shake ups than that in the VERY near future...STAY TUNED!!!!

sioux_goo,

You need to understand something fundamental here:

Credibility doesn't come about just because you say it should be. Nameless sources doesn't add to it. Attacking those who dare question you and your "inside" knowledge doesn't add to it. Credibility comes when reality comes to pass that matches the statements that were previously put forth by you.

Your "their (sic) is my validity!!!! all you doubters!!!!" statement based on "a source inside REA" means exactly zilch until 30 days pass and TB is gone (or is not gone) or you roll out hard evidence one way or the other before then.

People reading this board have no way of knowing if you are real or a poseur claiming great inside knowledge. Until then, the doubters have fair reason to doubt. Want to erase the doubters? Show the hard evidence or name names.

Please don't consider this as "ripping" you. I'm trying to help you understand why many folks tend to be skeptical of the things you're putting forth.

goo is right on!!!!

I spoke with someone close to DB, He state to me DB was not happy REA and the management. DB was upset with REA with how his hockey program had to work around concert and other event for his 2004-2005 schedule . Ralph build that 8th wonder of the world for hockey.

goo is right , but the part about Tb he did not know!!!!

Ever since Blais won his first national championship, I've heard stories about him not being happy with one problem or another caused by UND's personalities and policies. Some of those stories came from people very close to Blais, so I know that they're true.

While it's not difficult for me to believe that there was friction between Blais and REA management, it is difficult for me to believe that these problems drove him to take the NHL coaching job.

While it's not difficult for me to believe that there was friction between Blais and REA management, it is difficult for me to believe that these problems drove him to take the NHL coaching job.

I agree with you PCM.

I would only add that if there was friction, I'm sure it only made CB's decision alot easier to make the move up to the NHL.

if you find that those reasons that were just stated...as reasons hard to believe why DB did what he did, then you dont know DB on a personal basis, and how is this for the source, a person who plays cards with DB in the break room, is that a good enough source for you......

I won't go as far to say that Burning drove out Coach Blais, but I do know that if Coach Blais had the ability to put ice in the old arena, he would have seriously considered it.

Word is that Burning is on a 30 "probation" but who's to say that whoever comes in after him will be any better? REA has turned into a money grubbing hound and looks like it will bend the U over and ream them for ever penny they can get. :)

IF THE REA JOB DOES OPEN, AND A LOT OF PEOPLE HOPES IT DOES.I HOPE THEY PUT IN A PERSON WITH A HOCKEY BACKGROUND AND A PERSON THAT CAN WORK WITH ANYONE AT ANY LEVEL.THAT PERSON NEEDS TO BRING BACK THE OLD UND TRADITION OF THE FIGHTING SIOUX,THAT WE HAVE LOVED FOR MANY OF YEARS AND I THINK THATS WHAT RALPH WANTED WHEN HE BUILT THIS WONDERFUL BUILDING.UND,REA AND ALUMNI HAS TO WORK AS A TEAM BECAUSE WITH A GREAT TEAM BRINGS A GREAT PROGRAM.IF THIS JOB OPENS YOU ARE GOING TO SEE ALOT OF EX UND PEOPLE WANTING IT, AND TO BRING BACK THE TRADITION OF THE FIGHTING SIOUX.

I won't go as far to say that Burning drove out Coach Blais, but I do know that if Coach Blais had the ability to put ice in the old arena, he would have seriously considered it.

Word is that Burning is on a 30 "probation" but who's to say that whoever comes in after him will be any better? REA has turned into a money grubbing hound and looks like it will bend the U over and ream them for ever penny they can get. :)

The thing that hacks me off about all of this is that Ralph's wishes (presumably) aren't being upheld by the people chosen (chosen by whom?) to run the REA. One would think Ralph built the place first and foremost for Sioux Hockey with all other interest and activities to take a back seat.

It would appear - at least from the far outside - that the current management contingent are more interested in making a name for THEMSELVES or an extra dime than adhering to the wishes of the individual that was responsible for the putting up the building in the first place.

good luck to dean. i hope that he can finally get some time to spend with his ill wife. i do believe that fighting sioux hockey will still come out on top even without dean, and i hope that we can bring an 8th championship to gf.

as far as the berning thing is concerned, it was and never will be about money. i think that some people fail to realize is that REA is a non-profit organization. it's in public records, look it up for yourselves. sure berning took ice away from dean, but by doing so he also got money to the university for scholarships. ever think of that. without that money would we have gotten parize, could we have get zajac? something to ponder.

sure berning took ice away from dean, but by doing so he also got money to the university for scholarships. ever think of that. without that money would we have gotten parize, could we have get zajac? something to ponder.

Did UND Hockey have shortages in scholarship money before the new ralph was built???

7 titles...since you know it all, how much money is REA giving UND athletics??? bet you dont know do you, hockey has been fully funded since i can remember...get a clue before you post, or stay off the sauce, by the way 7 titles all this percieved money wont be coming to UND athletics soon it will go to pay off the Betty...FYI

7 titles if its not about the money way is rea charging three dollars per person to tour the ralph,why did rea try to take deans box away from him so they can rent it out for the world jrs.Why is it that you have to mortgage your home to buy season tickets,why is it 50% of the familys cant afford to take their family to a hockey game,I can go on on ,Ralph didnt build this building so that TB and company could make a ton of money,ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.Do you think TB and his minot friends give a sh-t about UND?:)?

Ralph didnt build this building so that TB and company could make a ton of money,ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.Do you think TB and his minot friends give a sh-t about UND?;)?

No, TB and friends don't care about UND, but they all have to answer to one guy, and he very much cares about UND. TC will make sure everything done at REA is in the best interest of UND. If it means TB needs to go, he'll be gone. We'll see shortly. No matter what happens, don't think for a minute that TC is going to allow any REA funds to go to anything other than for the betterment of UND. If funneling most of the REA revenue to pay for The Betty and other UND sports facilities is best for UND in the long run, that's what TC will do. TC was Ralph Engelstads most trusted UND advisor. You can bet that nothing is happening (regarding REA) without the blessing of TC. He'll make the changes that are necessary. We don't have to lay awake at night worrying about it. :)

Rick dont get me wrong, I think TC is a great guy and does alot for UND.but DB has told TC for a long time about the trouble he had with Tb and nobody did anything about it not even TC.I am not saying that this is the reason Dean left but alot of people feel it was a big part of it.