SiouxSports.com Forum

TB bye bye! and GOOD RIDDANCE!

SiouxMeNow

Word on the fly is TB is BYE BYE!!

REA dawns a new day!!

The *ss is gone, no one is his pawn...

Now a new GM they will find!

No - this isn't Haiku...don't have this totally confirmed but apparently there are BIG changes in the works in the TOP management of the Ralph. Anyone else here anything...I've heard a couple doozies but like I said...not confirmed...BUT if true...THE KING IS DEAD!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This information is False.  Todd Berning remains as General Manager of Ralph Engelstad Arena.

Yes, as of now he's still the g.m., but the word is that within 30 days, he won't be. Is this gossip? Sure. But I personally wouldn't have posted it had I not heard it from a pretty reliable source. If he's still around in 30 days, I'll be the first to post a mea culpa, but the fact remains that a lot of people apparently don't like the guy.

people would not have posted it if it wasnt from a good source, which is the reason DB gave four months ago either he goes or DB goes....and i think when he didnt get any backing he decided he had enough...he being DB....and said its time to leave, now do u believe my source that said he didnt even tell his players or the administration....does that tell you anything about what has been going on if the administration didnt know??? connect the dots people...

people would not have posted it if it wasnt from a good source, which is the reason DB gave four months ago either he goes or DB goes....and i think when he didnt get any backing he decided he had enough...he being DB....and said its time to leave, now do u believe my source that said he didnt even tell his players or the administration....does that tell you anything about what has been going on if the administration didnt know??? connect the dots people...

If this general manager is having trouble with people like it is rumored, knowning how UND history plays out, it won't be long before this guy will be shown the door.

I'm sorry but I have a hard time believing that Blais (the most powerful person at UND if not the state) would lose a political battle with a relative nobody. Connecting the dots: Blais aspired to coach in the NHL, he had completed ten hugely successful years at UND, an NHL team offered him a job, and he took it. To an outsider (me), a slightly more plausible series of dots to connect.

DB made the ultimatium, either TB goes or I go, DB didnt get the backing from anyone and people thought he was bluffing so...now they learned dont call DB bluff...DB was offered a assistant coaching job 2years ago in the NHL...why didnt he take it then? he is making the same amount of money as he was here at UND....so its obviously not the money now is it... when DB left for Ohio he didnt have the job locked up he had to go there to work out the details....does that tell you something major happened to tick him off, anyone who knows DB knows you dont cross him but if he likes you he is as loyal as they come without a doubt...there is as Paul Harvey would say...the rest of the story...

Sioux Goo - give us an example of two of the conflict between DB and TB. I am not questioning your comments but ....

1) Unless DB was way off base in his positions, why wouldn't someone have backed him up?

2) Dean has always been very outspoken, had he left just to prove a point, I think he would have at least hinted that there had been some conflict with the REA.

i am not going to get into those details, take what i say as it happened, as for the last person who fought the change with the new Engelstad....what happened to him...anyone remember Terry Wanless???

I don't think too many on this board are going to "take what you say" as the truth without backing anything up. You may have inside knowledge, but it appears you are speculating.

Another speculation is DB is anticipating a lockout and wants to spend more time with his wife who is very ill.

Or maybe he feels this may be his last shot at getting in the NHL and felt he couldn't pass it up.

Personally these make more sense to me than DB leaving because he doesn't like the rink manager. I think Blais is a little more mature than that.