SiouxSports.com Forum

FSC - Hockey Tickets

cfm567b27

I'm guessing they do. Whether or not those on the waiting list has the disposiable income to do it or not is the big question.

You have to understand that the REA and the Athletic Department are revenue based entities. They are out to make money. It doesn't matter how they do so just as long as they get the money. They are just as happy with selling out all the season tickets and having people being upset about it as they are about selling the seats and making people happy. What matters is the money.

Your father-in-law was just another former season ticket holder to them. One person doesn't make or break an entity regardless of the bad blood. Word of mouth spreads 5 people, they say, for every one person who was wronged. However, the problem is the REA is the only act in town. So, they could piss everyone off and they'd still sell seats.

Of course, this is just my opinion.

Then I think they should raise season ticket prices to $5000 a season...WOW...Imagine the revenue they'd get....that's $55 MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR!!! AWESOOMMEEE!!!! WE'RE LIKE BAJIIONAIIRES RIGHT HERE AT UND!!!!

now to reality...you're right...if there's SUPER HIGH DEMAND...charge whatever you think you can get and best of luck...if you sell out at your super inflated prices..great! I can guarentee, short of corporations writing big checks...YOU WILL NOT! They're trying to squeeze the orange for all the jiuce they can get but even an orange can only produce so much juice. Remember the old Ralph??? where a "SELLOUT" had about 4000 fans in a 6000+ seat facility because they "sold out" to corporate interests whose main interest, apparently, was throwing Sioux hockey tickets in the garbage every week?? Ralph built this place to make money, but he also built it to honor the tradition of Sioux hockey - which, if I need to remind you...is a jam-packed nuthouse of screaming fans who can afford $8-10 bucks to get into a game....not $25 or more A GAME for the "privilege" of being "allowed" into a Sioux hockey game to buy a $5 beer....that's b*llshit and against everything this sport should be about....my opinion...

Then I think they should raise season ticket prices to $5000 a season...WOW...Imagine the revenue they'd get....that's $55 MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR!!! AWESOOMMEEE!!!! WE'RE LIKE BAJIIONAIIRES RIGHT HERE AT UND!!!!

now to reality...you're right...if there's SUPER HIGH DEMAND...charge whatever you think you can get and best of luck...if you sell out at your super inflated prices..great! I can guarentee, short of corporations writing big checks...YOU WILL NOT! They're trying to squeeze the orange for all the jiuce they can get but even an orange can only produce so much juice. Remember the old Ralph??? where a "SELLOUT" had about 4000 fans in a 6000+ seat facility because they "sold out" to corporate interests whose main interest, apparently, was throwing Sioux hockey tickets in the garbage every week?? Ralph built this place to make money, but he also built it to honor the tradition of Sioux hockey - which, if I need to remind you...is a jam-packed nuthouse of screaming fans who can afford $8-10 bucks to get into a game....not $25 or more A GAME for the "privilege" of being "allowed" into a Sioux hockey game to buy a $5 beer....that's b*llshit and against everything this sport should be about....my opinion...

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. However, the state of the area stands. Where else are you going to see the big boys of hockey? WHere else are you going to see professional venues? If you don't count DI-AA, the REA is the ONLY place in North Dakota where you can catch DI sports. That may sour the whole thing, but that consitutes a monopoly on the act unless you wish to drive 96 miles east to catch a Bemidji State game or perhaps drive to the Twin Cities or Duluth, because that's the closest place to offer something similar to what the REA offers.

They could charge $5000. In fact, I think some sections in the Ralph do cost that much. The suites cost $25K over 5 years (I think. Someone can correct me). The fact that they want more people to see the games and the demographics economically of the region show that it is not feasible to start at that price.

And, in case you are curious, $400 (or whatever they cost for the general season ticket prices) are markedly less than what it costs for corporate america to view the Gophers on a season ticket basis. Heck, students play around $240 for season tickets... sagard, Greyeagle, is that still true? Single tickets and the Moochi cost $10 a game for students.

The only places that may feature less costly season tickets in the WCHA may be found in Duluth, Mankato, or Houghton, though I cannot be sure.

The REA is only rivaled in the WCHA by the Kohl Center, and even the Kohl Center has other means of revenue that the REA cannot offer to dillute the cost index (DI basketball, for example). This isn't saying that the Maryoooooochi isn't a great venue for hockey, but it is aging and is thoroughly outclassed by the Madison and Grand Forks arenas. And, for your Twin Cities folks, don't bring XCell into this debate. The Gophers haven't moved to that arena yet. When they do (if they do), I'll modify accordingly. XCel is the best facility in the NHL, but it isn't a college hockey venue save for the playoffs.

They could charge $5000. In fact, I think some sections in the Ralph do cost that much. The suites cost $25K over 5 years (I think. Someone can correct me). The fact that they want more people to see the games and the demographics economically of the region show that it is not feasible to start at that price.

Actually I thought it was closer to 40,000. Just what I heard.

I thought that for a SINGLE GAME, a suite was about $2000 bucks to rent. I could be wrong, but the fraternity that I am an alumnus of had a suite for one of the Mich. Tech games at the end of this past season, and it was $99 bucks a person to get a ticket to watch the game. I didn't go, I wish I would have, but oh well...

Feel better? Done ranting?

Now go and read what I posted in this thread earlier.

Be sure to read and understand the UND Athletics budget (linked to in that thread).

The prices have to be set so the bills can be paid. You don't have to like it but it's the reality.