SiouxSports.com Forum

FSC - Hockey Tickets

cfm567b27

I'm sure everyone read the letter below by now? Couple of comments regarding the last line in the letter. I sent in an e-mail to Mark with some concerns about the policy changes specific to the "Coaches Club Level" close to one month ago and haven't gotten a response as of yet. Anyone else experience this continued "lack of communication" from the FSC which is quite contrary to what the letter suggests ("your season tickets or any other matter associated with this change, please don't hesitate to contact me..")

2004-2005 Ticket changes

What an awesome season of Sioux hockey! Just like you, I'm very proud of our team and the great season they had, and the many accomplishments they achieved. Thank you for the fan support you've shown

I never got that letter... just brought my check in and renewed as usual. No communication was necessary, I guess.

In the past, though, I've always had good luck getting in touch with Rob B., but maybe Mark R. isn't as fan friendly as Rob is. ;) Did you try calling him directly?

I never got that letter... just brought my check in and renewed as usual. No communication was necessary, I guess.

In the past, though, I've always had good luck getting in touch with Rob B., but maybe Mark R. isn't as fan friendly as Rob is. ;) Did you try calling him directly?

Actually I'm considering flying up to meet with him in person.

I've sent email to Mark at that address and I've gotten responses in under five days each time.

I'd say try resending or maybe call. He lists a telephone number.

I will give it a resend and see what happens. Just not very pleased with not getting a response to my inquiry. I'm a current paid in full FSC Coaches Club level member - at the very least I would have expected a short note back addressing my questions.

That letter went out to folks affected by the changes to Sections 302A, 303, 306, and 314. If you're a Coaches Club Level member of FSC, why'd they send it to you? You already were a member at or above the level in question and probably don't have seats in those sections.

That letter went out to folks affected by the changes to Sections 302A, 303, 306, and 314. If you're a Coaches Club Level member of FSC, why'd they send it to you? You already were a member at or above the level in question and probably don't have seats in those sections.

I read the letter - didn't receive it (read my first post). My point being solicited feedback not being addressed.

It would be interesting to see how their season ticket drive (for both FB and HKY turned out...) I know for a fact my father-in-law didn't renew his season hockey ticket because of the fsc membership requirement and 2 neighbors who also had season tickets didn't do so for the same reason. UND/REA has always claimed they have hundreds of people on "waiting lists" for season tickets...guess it's time to put up or shut up....

It would be interesting to see how their season ticket drive (for both FB and HKY turned out...) I know for a fact my father-in-law didn't renew his season hockey ticket because of the fsc membership requirement and 2 neighbors who also had season tickets didn't do so for the same reason. UND/REA has always claimed they have hundreds of people on "waiting lists" for season tickets...guess it's time to put up or shut up....

I'm guessing they do. Whether or not those on the waiting list has the disposiable income to do it or not is the big question.

You have to understand that the REA and the Athletic Department are revenue based entities. They are out to make money. It doesn't matter how they do so just as long as they get the money. They are just as happy with selling out all the season tickets and having people being upset about it as they are about selling the seats and making people happy. What matters is the money.

Your father-in-law was just another former season ticket holder to them. One person doesn't make or break an entity regardless of the bad blood. Word of mouth spreads 5 people, they say, for every one person who was wronged. However, the problem is the REA is the only act in town. So, they could piss everyone off and they'd still sell seats.

Of course, this is just my opinion.

No one likes price increases: Just ask the students about the 16.5% tuition increase.

That tuition increase translates to increased costs for scholarships for UND teams as well.

When you look at the UND Athletics budget, even if you held the line on every other cost item the scholarship line item goes up 16.5%, or $217,839.00, for FY 2005. Where's the extra revenue to cover that come from?

The Sioux-per Gala raised about an extra $150,000.00 (per the June "Sioux Illustrated").

Take the four sections (302A, 303, 306, 314) being asked to join FSC this year and guess that those are about 1200 seats (5000 seats in the upper and those section are about 1/4 of them). For every two of those is an extra $110 to FSC this year: 1200/2 * $110 = $66,000.

Between the Gala and the new FSC requirements you've raised $216,000.00.

That roughly covers the tuition rate increase.

Now remember: We started this exercise holding the line on every other FY 2005 budget line item.

Just another reminder of one of the simple rules of life: Things cost money.

PS - Where are those seats they let go? I'll pick them up.

PS - Where are those seats they let go? I'll pick them up.

Right on, Sic... and so will our friends who are #118 on the hockey waiting list. In fact, they joined the FSC just to advance their position on said list.

Those that are giving up their seats because of the new FSC rules are not going to get them back soon... I hope they realize that before they do something rash. I was really pissed that tickets went up again this year, but what am I going to do? Give up my seats? :(

Yeah... right. ;)

I'm guessing they do. Whether or not those on the waiting list has the disposiable income to do it or not is the big question.

You have to understand that the REA and the Athletic Department are revenue based entities. They are out to make money. It doesn't matter how they do so just as long as they get the money. They are just as happy with selling out all the season tickets and having people being upset about it as they are about selling the seats and making people happy. What matters is the money.

Your father-in-law was just another former season ticket holder to them. One person doesn't make or break an entity regardless of the bad blood. Word of mouth spreads 5 people, they say, for every one person who was wronged. However, the problem is the REA is the only act in town. So, they could piss everyone off and they'd still sell seats.

Of course, this is just my opinion.

I agree with you 100% - Redwing. Unfortunately it doesn't make that practice right. Sooner or later though they start pissing off the high end donors......

Word is that Mr. Rudolph has already "annoyed" some of the high-end donors.

I received the infamous letter, and while my seats are in those sections, I was already a member of the FSC for two years. The same thing with one of my coworkers. We both signed up at the same time. Another of my coworkers is in the Coaches Club lower level (has been for years) and bought extra tickets in the other sections as a gift to her brothers. She got the letter as well. No effort was made to filter out the names of current FSC members with tickets in the particular sections. Not impressed. I may not give thousands of dollars to UND, but we all could have been treated better.

Another coworker that has tickets in that section called Mark R. to ask about the FSC change, and he said it was done "so we can make more money."

In some ways I think it was a funny comment, but I also think it's a terrible customer service move.

Word is that Mr. Rudolph has already "annoyed" some of the high-end donors.

I received the infamous letter, and while my seats are in those sections, I was already a member of the FSC for two years. The same thing with one of my coworkers. We both signed up at the same time. Another of my coworkers is in the Coaches Club lower level (has been for years) and bought extra tickets in the other sections as a gift to her brothers. She got the letter as well. No effort was made to filter out the names of current FSC members with tickets in the particular sections. Not impressed. I may not give thousands of dollars to UND, but we all could have been treated better.

Another coworker that has tickets in that section called Mark R. to ask about the FSC change, and he said it was done "so we can make more money."

In some ways I think it was a funny comment, but I also think it's a terrible customer service move.

Thanks siouxjoy. Sounds like you are experiencing the same feeling I'm starting to have. Funny - I posted some comments critical of the FSC operation here a few months ago and some on this board suggested not venting in a public forum but to take my issue directly to Mark R. Feeling like I have exhausted all avenues. You would think for an $1100 annual donation you would at least get the decency of a reply to an e-mail.

I'm considering posting the text of my e-mail to Mark R on this board. Any thoughts?

Right on, Sic... and so will our friends who are #118 on the hockey waiting list. In fact, they joined the FSC just to advance their position on said list.

Those that are giving up their seats because of the new FSC rules are not going to get them back soon... I hope they realize that before they do something rash. I was really pissed that tickets went up again this year, but what am I going to do? Give up my seats? :(

Yeah... right. ;)

Correct me if I'm misinterpreting this post, but are you saying that if you join FSC you can move up on the waiting list? Last time I checked I was sitting at #221 and haven't moved up much in the past 2 yrs.

Correct me if I'm misinterpreting this post, but are you saying that if you join FSC you can move up on the waiting list? Last time I checked I was sitting at #221 and haven't moved up much in the past 2 yrs.

Maybe I'm the one who mis-interpreted what my friend was saying. But, yes, that's what it sounded like. They joined FSC at the minimum level, and purchased football season tickets.

I know there were "preference points" awarded when the new arenas opened, which allowed former ticket holders, donors, letterwinners, etc. preference in choosing their seats. That's why it didn't surprise me when he was talking about this stuff. But like I said, maybe I didn't understand him completely. I'd check with FSC to be sure. My apologies in advance if this isn't the case and I mis-led anyone.

Maybe I'm the one who mis-interpreted what my friend was saying. But, yes, that's what it sounded like. They joined FSC at the minimum level, and purchased football season tickets.

I know there were "preference points" awarded when the new arenas opened, which allowed former ticket holders, donors, letterwinners, etc. preference in choosing their seats. That's why it didn't surprise me when he was talking about this stuff. But like I said, maybe I didn't understand him completely. I'd check with FSC to be sure. My apologies in advance if this isn't the case and I mis-led anyone.

I have some friends who are on the waiting list and joined the FSC because they were told that would get them more preference points. So I believe you are correct airmail.

I just don't like the sound of that if I were on the waiting list. Preference points? Is this an offical system or just someone in the FSC saying give us a grand and we can move you up 50 spots. I would surely want to see something on paper with some guarantees. Based on what I'm experiencing there is an overall lack of communication from the FSC on what I feel should of first and foremost concern in a customer service driven business.

Excellent - well that would leave me with more piece of mind.

With regards to Mark R. He got back to me today and I give him the benefit of the doubt in terms of having our best interests in mind with regards to the FSC members. Going forward I just wish the direct communication to the FSC members was improved. We shouldn't have to troll a website to gain insight and information regarding changes.

I just don't like the sound of that if I were on the waiting list. Preference points? Is this an offical system or just someone in the FSC saying give us a grand and we can move you up 50 spots. I would surely want to see something on paper with some guarantees. Based on what I'm experiencing there is an overall lack of communication from the FSC on what I feel should of first and foremost concern in a customer service driven business.

Quite frankly I wish you were right. But I tried to bribe them with a $2000 cash under the table and they wouldn't take it. Heck, I would have paid the $10k fee to be in the Emerald Club just to get off the damn list.

Thanks for the info.