SiouxSports.com Forum

What till do till SIOUX HOCKEY STARTS AGAIN

siouxcool

Sure Miss Sioux Hockey,

Life Is Sioux Hockey, Every Thing Else is Just Details!!!

What do other Sioux Hockey Fans Do Till the pucks start flying again?

I follow baseball... I have 4 fav teams the Cubs, Yankees, Twins, Dodgers.

Right now enjoying the NHL playoffs. They have been great...

Who do you think is gonna win the Stanley Cup?

I'm not sure who will win but my heart says the Habs. I remember all those

Stanley Cup Championships they won watching hockey night in Canada while

growing up in Good Ol Grand Forks.

Later this summer fishing and boating at the lake will fill the days till the Sioux

hit the ice.

Wondering if Dean will add any late recruits this spring or summer?

Sioux fans maybe you can remember a story of you most beloved Sioux Tough

Guy or who do you consider you Fav Sioux Tough Guy of all-time?

:D;);):lol::angry:

Sioux All The Way in 2004...--2005...

I will have to subject the area golf course to my bad golf until ducktober and Sioux hockey makes its return to Grand Forks. One positive this season is that there won't be many conflicts with Duck Hunting and Sioux hockey this fall, the only conflict will be on 22-23 October when the Dirty Gophers come to town.

1) Me too

2) Agreed

3) Play golf...mind you not very well

4) Twins and Cubs, yay. Dodgers...neutral. Yuck the Fankees.

5) Yep...great games tonight

6) Tampa Bay Lightning

7) Nah, Habs go out next round

8) Fishing is cool

9) Probably not...we're pretty full

10) Mike Commodore (got some PP time tonight)

11) Agreed

1) Me too

2) Agreed

3) Play golf...mind you not very well

4) Twins and Cubs, yay. Dodgers...neutral. Yuck the Fankees.

5) Yep...great games tonight

6) Tampa Bay Lightning

7) Nah, Habs go out next round

8) Fishing is cool

9) Probably not...we're pretty full

10) Mike Commodore (got some PP time tonight)

11) Agreed

Go Cubbies!

Double Yuck the Yucking Fankees!

Gonna reply to my own post...

I really like the Cubbies the best....

I was born into the Cub Family by my uncle's and grandpa along with my cousins...

Don't hate me cause I like the Yankees some. Some Grand Forks people indoctrinated me to the Yankees while I lived there.

Glad golf is here also even though I not play as much as I like. I got 2 sets of custom made clubs that I need to start using this summer.

Baseball, Boating, Fishing, Golf, Being at the Lake, ALL GREAT THINGS TO ENJOY

UNTIL OUR BELOVED FIGHTING SIOUX HIT THE ICE...

MY FAV SIOUX TOUGH GUY IS JIM "ARCHIE" ARCHIBALD

HE WAS SO FEISTY...

I HOPE THE HABS BEAT TAMPA! "HOCKEY IN FLORIDA?" I NOT THINK SO!!!

hopefully the nhl playoffs continue to offer exciting multiple overtime games, maybe we can all get lucky and the lightning and sharks will go out next. After that we can continue to complain about how boring the summer is.

I like the fact that I don't have to drive through snow and ice.

What do other Sioux Fans do until the puck starts flying?

I'll be too busy working this summer and hopefully get to play a few rounds of golf as well. Its been awhile since I've used my clubs.

10 Ways to Cure Hockey Withdrawel during the Summer.......

10. Have a Mighty Ducks marathon movie weekand. Even though they're Walt Disney movies, they're still better with a few drinks. ;)

9. Start a line for season hockey tickets during the summer. Why wait until October or September?

8. There is always the NHL draft in June to watch.

7. Play NHL 2004 on your computer.

6. Make a cd of all the songs heard at the Ralph during the Hockey games and listen to it over and over again.

5. Play floor hockey.

4. Take your kids to hockey camp at the Ralph and even if you don't have a kid baby sit, adopt them, or do whatever until the camp is over. State to the coaches that you have to be there at all times watching over the kid.

3. Look for dead gophers on the highway to throw on the ice next year.

2. Think of new and improved sign ideas.

1. Go to Minnesota Duluth and steal the Hobey Baker award away from Junior Lessard......

If you have any others to add onto the list please do share if you wish to do so.

hey jerseychaser,

why don't you give INCH a call. They could use some wit like yours for their

'found on a cocktail napkin' series. This is provided you can put up the numbers with other programs in mind.

i for one would love to see what you had to say on a top ten list for the other WCHA teams off-seaso doldrums

nice post

I miss hockey... SCSU Hockey, that's my realm. It is life.

I follow baseball a little... born a Yankees fan, cheer for the Twins as well

I'm watching the Avs/San Jose game... don't think I've cussed this much since the Huskies' season ended

I'm still going with the Avs as Cup champions

I wouldn't mind the Canadiens taking it home, anything's better than Detroit :sad:

Softball fills my time, and music, and getting ready for college

I remember a fight between Mike Commodore and Brian Gaffaney in the old Engelstad. Greatest college fight I've seen in person. ;)

Elizabeth

I'm watching the Avs/San Jose game... don't think I've cussed this much since the Huskies' season ended

I wouldn't mind the Canadiens taking it home, anything's better than Detroit :D

I remember a fight between Mike Commodore and Brian Gaffaney in the old Engelstad. Greatest college fight I've seen in person. :sad:

Elizabeth

*Shakes head* There is just too many things wrong with you..... Yankees. Avs. Giving you a break on SCSU hockey cause I guess its only fair if you go there.... ;)

I wouldn't mind the Canadiens taking it home, anything's better than Detroit :sad:

I remember a fight between Mike Commodore and Brian Gaffaney in the old Engelstad. Greatest college fight I've seen in person. ;)

Elizabeth

Wow... Yankees and Twins fan. Cover all of the bases.

Habs suck. If you think Gopher fans are arogant, the Habs fans are worse.

I wouldn't mind the Canadiens taking it home, anything's better than Detroit :D

I remember a fight between Mike Commodore and Brian Gaffaney in the old Engelstad. Greatest college fight I've seen in person. :sad:

Elizabeth

SCSU, Yankees, Habs, Avs...That's quite the evil quad you got going there. ;)

...at least you also cheer for the Twins, so the others may be forgivable.

Well, I forgive the Habs fans for a few reasons:

1. 27 (+ or - 3) Stanley Cups. Gophs fans might have 27 trophies if you count their NCs, Broadmoor, McNaughton, and participation banners.

2. The Habs are one of the original six. They got it all going so they deserve SOME leeway. So do the Bruins, Red Wings, Blackhawks, Rangers, and Maple Leafs.

3. The Habs of yesteryear were devastating. Drydan, Richard, Plante, and all those great hockey players. Wow.

4. Among Avs and Wings fans, one would recall that Montreal was where Scotty Bowman and Patrick Roy began their climb to greathood.

5. (this is unsubstantiated but I believe it is true) Like the Cubs and Packers, Habs fans still go to the games regardless of their team's record. I'd like to see that happen for any Minnesota team.

1.  27 (+ or - 3) Stanley Cups.  Gophs fans might have 27 trophies if you count their NCs, Broadmoor, McNaughton, and participation banners.
Can't argue this point...

2.  The Habs are one of the original six.  They got it all going so they deserve SOME leeway.  So do the Bruins, Red Wings, Blackhawks, Rangers, and Maple Leafs.
The Rangers and Blackhawks suck...they get no leeway

3.  The Habs of yesteryear were devastating.  Drydan, Richard, Plante, and all those great hockey players.  Wow
I'll give you this one. Don't forget Chelios and Roy

4.  Among Avs and Wings fans, one would recall that Montreal was where Scotty Bowman and Patrick Roy began their climb to greathood.
Oh, you didn't forget Roy...still the Avs suck, but Scotty is one of the greatest coaches in NHL history

5.  (this is unsubstantiated but I believe it is true)  Like the Cubs and Packers, Habs fans still go to the games regardless of their team's record.  I'd like to see that happen for any Minnesota team.
If Habs fans are like Packer fans...even more of a reason to want them to lose.

• 3 weeks later...
4. Take your kids to hockey camp at the Ralph and even if you don't have a kid baby sit, adopt them, or do whatever until the camp is over. State to the coaches that you have to be there at all times watching over the kid.

I am just so lucky to be young enough to go to camp at the Ralph this summer. Otherwise I don't know ho I would get through the summer.