• Tampa
    • Toronto
    • Philly
    • Other

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forsberg does not dive, IMO. He might deal out a cheap shot or two, but he's not a diver.

Did you SEE the series against the Wild last season?? Forsberg is as bad as they come as far as diving is concerned. He should have become a Hollywood stunt man instead of playing hockey! ;)

The match ups for the conference semifinals are Sharks vs Avs , Wings vs Flames, Lightning vs Canadiens, Flyers vs Leafs who does everyone else have winning thes matchups?

Sharks

Flames

Flyers

Lightning

Should the Wings meet the Lightning in the Finals the Wings age would show. After seeing what Nashville could do in their two wins I know Tampa would stand up pretty well with their speed.

My prediction for the Finals - Flyers v Sharks, Flyers win. Although Tampa coming out of the East wouldn't surprise me.

It's nice to see Mike Commodore, his hair and his UND connection discussed during today's Detroit-Calgary game. Maybe Jordan Leopold will get a perm to steal some of the limelight. :sad:;)

Commodore had a fight at the end of the game. It was cool to see him fightin against McCarty and didnt do to bad

Flyers will take care of the Leafs.

It would not be a shock to see Tampa beat Philly although the Flyers are coming together at the right time.

When in recent history have the Flyers come together at the right time? Esche is more unpredictable than Aebisher is (HAHAHAHA holy cow, could someone tell the Avs that they need to start playing? This isn't last year's Sharks) and the Flyers, when they have made the playoffs, have not made it to the finals yet.

I say they won't see the finals this year either. Lightening in 6.

Like I said, the Detroit vs Calgary series is the one to watch. Detroit in 7.

Sharks in 7

I'll say the Leafs in 7 too

Might actually happen. Calgary is playing them pretty tough.

No way Colorado gets this series to 7 games. Sharks in 5, 6 max. Abeischer is too much of a sieve, and Forsberg is a cheater. ;)

It matters little how many games the Avs play. They're just trying to extend their season. I gave them the benefit of the doubt by extending as far as I could forsee: to Game 7 of this series. After all, this is an "All Star" Colorado team that lost to Minnesota when they had an even better Colorado team than they do now.

No way. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Salo got some time. I hope Granato doesn't get fired though. It's not his fault that his dmen and goaltenders are overrated.

You are talking about history while I am talking of the present. These Flyers have looked nothing like the Flyers of the past. Esche has not shown himself to be unpredictable against NJ nor in the first game against TO.

You know the Leafs know they're in trouble when they start asking for help from the referees. Poor Belfour doesn't like anyone coming near him. Cry me a river.

Flyers over Leafs in 5

Sharks in 6 over the Avs.

Lightning/Flyers. And anything can happen there.

Sharks/Wings = Sharks in 7

Sharks are going to beat the Wings and the Avs? If they do that, who will they play in the next round? ;)

Well, Esche HAS had a good post season, but like the Avs, they went and got a veteran goaltender to help them in case the young'in gets in trouble. Esche has been known to give up a few goals here and there during the regular season. He is not unbeatable. Especially if you get them off their game.

And Belfour has something worthy of note: credibility. He's been run down ALL PLAYOFFS LONG. He doesn't want anyone near him and can you blame him? He gets taken down 4 or 5 times a game! not saying that every time he got taken down was a penalty, but protection when it matters counts. Belfour should also complain to his skaters to take these guys out before they reach the net as well. Belfour is a high quality future hall of famer. He is the reason why the Leafs are even facing the Flyers.

Calgary vs Detroit is still the series to watch with the Leafs/Flyers being second.

The Avs are looking pathetic so, unless Aebisher starts playing like the goaltender the Avs organization says he's going to be (he has done so sporatically throughout the season) and his all star team starts scoring off of Nabakov (who is playing better than any goaltender in the playoffs with only Kiprusoff and maybe Belfour and Esche close behind) the Avs are just biding their time until next season.

Not that the Wings don't have one of the best chances of anybody this year, but do you have any reasons other than "They are my favorite team, and they play in the fake Hockeytown dump know as Detroit, MI?" ;)

Tampa....that is all.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

They are your favorate team, so why wouldn't you cheer for them? Would a Red Sox's fan cheer for the Yankee's because they got a better chance of winning it all? HELL NO!!!! You cheer with your heart, not with your head man. :sad: