SiouxSports.com Forum

Lakers or T-pups

dmksioux

It sounds like they should have been talking to each other long ago, instead of having the meeting only a few weeks ago. I say play them both. Some people like the Lakers (not me, living in Cali will overload you with them) and some like the Wolves. Too bad that neither is playing a decent team. Or, why not have them play each other?

I like the T-Wolves, think they'll finally win a series, but even around here, I don't think they have the celebrity factor that the Lakers have. The Lakers would have been a great draw here; an incredible event.

It's not just because of Shaq or Koby, but it would have been great to have Phil come to his Alma Mater too.

I would go to both of them. It would be cool to see the Lakers in GF! Too bad the NBA had to screw us over! Was the Lakers game supposed to be the opening game for the Betty and a tribute to Phil Jackons? I like the T Wolves, but I would rather have the lakers here. Plus the Alerus is not a place that I would go to see a basketball game...

The game was to be part of the grand opening ceremonies for the new Betty Engelstad arena. The game was going to be played in the Ralph. The game was a done deal from REA's point of view. This leads me to think that Phil Jackson will be coaching the Lakers next season. I thought I heard/read that they were discussing a contract extension for him?