SiouxSports.com Forum

ZACH ATTACK NEEDED

Ruffian

Even better, Flyers face the Wings in the finals. In game 1 Hatcher smashes JR's face beyond recognition for a second time. His jaw is wired shut as the Wings destroy the Flyers in 4 games so we thankfully don't have to listen to him whine. :silly::D

When has JR ever whined?

Better scenario is Hatcher making a turnover in his defensive zone leading to goal. Ooops... already happened in Nashville. ;)

Even better, Flyers face the Wings in the finals. In game 1 Hatcher smashes JR's face beyond recognition for a second time. His jaw is wired shut as the Wings destroy the Flyers in 4 games so we thankfully don't have to listen to him whine. ;):D

Listen to him whine?!? I think he's handled getting his face rearranged quite well, thank you. Whining would be the term used for what Kris Draper did... "Yook at my fafe!"

When has JR ever whined?

Better scenario is Hatcher making a turnover in his defensive zone leading to goal. Ooops... already happened in Nashville. ;)

JR whine?

You certainly prove a strong understanding of hockey when you make comments like that. He came back from an injury like that in a short period of time, and with his 7th or 8th concussion no less, so this is NO whiner.

What's next, you'll tell us that Richard Brodeur is a bad playoff goalie or that Tie Domi is a great goal scorer?

I can't wait.

I've never liked the Blackhawks or people from Boston. ;) I'll concede he's not much of a whiner, the guy plays hurt more than most NHL players. He is one of the best American born hockey players. I really don't hope anyone has their jaw broken. I still don't like him because he spent the majority of his career as a Blackhawk, know he is a Flyer, my two most hated teams and he's from Boston. That is my rational, which is irrational :D

Soooo, after last night the Devils looked like they could generate some offense. Congrats to Paul Martin for scoring his first career playoff goal. A nice little backhader top shelf to tie the game at 2...

shep...who is Richard Brodeur, I know who Martin Brodeur is...he's the goalie for the Devils, but who, pretell, is Richard? :D:silly:;)

When has JR ever whined?

yes he came back from a broken jaw quickly, but do remember all the garbagegoing on the preceeding weeks? Throwing water bottles at refs, crying about no calls and such? The guy can flat out whine with the best of them about people playing "dirty" - then go out the next night and wack someone from behind or get his stick in someone's earhole.

The "whining" about his broken jaw came from the media.

Yes, JR threw a tantrum by throwing the water bottle. I understand his frustration. Officiating in the NHL is awful. He paid the price with a suspension and moved on.

Stick work? You must be thinking of the Senators.

Roenick threw one water bottle in the general direction of an ignorant and totally incompetent NHL official......a guy who is not qualified to officiate a game of checkers between some senile drunks on the front porch steps.

If you had seen that game, which I doubt, you would have noticed that Roenick was on the receiving end of a high stick to the chops right in front of the referee and no call was made.

Many who are familiar with the game would say he had a legitimate gripe. Those who are ignorant might call it "whining."

Soooo, after last night the Devils looked like they could generate some offense. Congrats to Paul Martin for scoring his first career playoff goal. A nice little backhader top shelf to tie the game at 2...

shep...who is Richard Brodeur, I know who Martin Brodeur is...he's the goalie for the Devils, but who, pretell, is Richard? :D:silly:;)

I have NO IDEA who Richard Brodeur is?

Sounds like the name of a guy who might work for the State Dept.

Maybe he does.

Anyway, he's not much of a goalie.

I apologize to Richard Brodeur. When I posted that I was basing it on the info I had just found which indicated he played just six games with the Whalers who did not make the playoffs. Apparently though he previously led the Canucks to the finals against the Islanders, earning the nickname King Richard.

King Richard

I apologize to Richard Brodeur. When I posted that I was basing it on the info I had just found which indicated he played just six games with the Whalers who did not make the playoffs. Apparently though he previously led the Canucks to the finals against the Islanders, earning the nickname King Richard.

King Richard

In the photo in the link he iswearing one of THE ugliest sweaters to ever be worn by an NHL team....

Looks like he won the Jacque Plante trophy in the QMJHL...wonder why the talent never transferred to the NHL very well...

So many Avalanche haters, I almost feel under attack... :D

I want the Devils to lose in 4 because...

1.) Roenick's always been a favorite player of mine, he's tough as nails and doesn't take s&!t from anybody.

2.) I've also been partial to Philly in the East. Them and the Isles.

3.) I hate New Jersey with a passion, even before they took Zach away only to have him not play.

Hell, if they could lose in THREE, I'd wish it upon them. ;)

Elizabeth

1.) Roenick's always been a favorite player of mine, he's tough as nails and doesn't take s&!t from anybody.

3.) I hate New Jersey with a passion, even before they took Zach away only to have him not play.

Elizabeth

Maybe so, but as it was mentioned in previous posts, NJ is one of the FEW teams who actually know how to develop talent from any level. They are not Melrose wannabes who have their eyes squarely set on Major Juniors. Lammoriello is a class act even if he didn't bring Zach in to play right away.

Secondly, you gotta love Brodeur. Him and Belfour, with Roy's retirement, are the two best goaltenders in the NHL period. He's exciting to watch.

As for Philly, I'm a JR fan because of my father. He's from Chicago and I grew up loving everything (nearly) Chicago. I'm a BIG Cubs fan and my father is a loyal Blackhawks fan, even though he never gets to watch them anymore (Damn Hawks owner blacking them out). JR came through Chicago and so we're sorta loyal. They seem to be the Cubs of the NHL. An original team who can't win the SC anymore no matter how hard they try.

Elizabeth

Good thing you weren't here for the Wild/Colorado playoff series last year...this is nothin'

redwing...Lammoriello has no say in who plays and who doesn't. It's all Pat Burns. And he didn't want to add a player who hadn't been playing with them all season and ruin the team chemistry...

yes he came back from a broken jaw quickly, but do remember all the garbagegoing on the preceeding weeks? Throwing water bottles at refs, crying about no calls and such? The guy can flat out whine with the best of them about people playing "dirty" - then go out the next night and wack someone from behind or get his stick in someone's earhole.

Either at All Star weekend or the a game before, I believe JR grabbed a mike in the stadium and apologized to the ref.

The man is funny to listen to, takes young players under his wings, is tough, and is one of hockeys few ambassadors of the game. Plus, he'll speak his mind on how the game is run. I'd love to see him win.

Players I don't need to see win are guys like Kariya/Salanne and in bball Malone/Payton. They picked their team and signed for very little money, but if it was any other team they'd demand so much money that there is no way that the team would have the money to build a champion.

Either at All Star weekend or the a game before, I believe JR grabbed a mike in the stadium and apologized to the ref.

The man is funny to listen to, takes young players under his wings, is tough, and is one of hockeys few ambassadors of the game. Plus, he'll speak his mind on how the game is run. I'd love to see him win.

Players I don't need to see win are guys like Kariya/Salanne and in bball Malone/Payton. They picked their team and signed for very little money, but if it was any other team they'd demand so much money that there is no way that the team would have the money to build a champion.

That's what happens when superstars are asked to "carry" teams. Malone, along with Stockton, carried everyone else in Utah for years, and Payton did pretty much the same in Seattle. If you were like them, and had the chance to sign up with say, the Wizards, you would demand a lot of money, too. Same with Karyia and Selanne. They couldn't be together in Duckville, so they went to Colorado...

I guess all 4 feel it's better to be considered a champ than to be more rich than they already are... unlike a certain UND player who just became a millionaire...

But I wish Zach well, even though I wanted him to stay at UND.