SiouxSports.com Forum

ZPar leaving?

SiouxMeNow

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's pretty pathetic that some people are bagging on Zach for following his dreams. Everybody makes career decisions in their own best interests. In this case, he's getting big $$$ NOW, rather than waiting to see how the CBA pans out and most likely make fewer $$$ in the future. Every player who straps on skates at UND has the same goal: getting into the NHL. If they win a Title, a Hobey or some other college honors, that's just gravy.

As for the rest of the team, there's a big hole to fill, and also the opportunity for other guys to make names for themselves. How they respond remains to be seen.

I do not think anyone is bagging on Zach. As a Sioux fan I am disappointed, I am not a NJ Devils fan, I am a Sioux fan. Given the abrupt and unexpected ending to the season this is bad news for the Sioux. I really expected he would be back next year. That being said as everyone knows one player does not make a team and who knows maybe the Sioux will be more of a team next year and that will be the difference in reaching the frozen four.

I think pretty much everyone is in agreement that ZP going pro is good for him. He, more than any player I've seen, seems to have a good head on his shoulders and is aware of the pro's and con's and made an informed decision. I hope he gets guaranteed $$ - if he ends up in the AHL he'll most likely wish he stayed in college with the bus rides low pay and goon playing style.

Out of Blais mouth is this, Zach is signing a $3.5 mill 3-yr deal, with $1.5 mill in a signing bonus. You can use "it's not official" all you want, he ain't coming back.

Blais also said he'd be surprised to lose anyone else, with Greene being the most likely of the rest.

I think pretty much everyone is in agreement that ZP going pro is good for him. He, more than any player I've seen, seems to have a good head on his shoulders and is aware of the pro's and con's and made an informed decision. I hope he gets guaranteed $$ - if he ends up in the AHL he'll most likely wish he stayed in college with the bus rides low pay and goon playing style.

I'm sure that Zach got Blais' blessings and approval. Furthermore, Zpar's father knows the business inside and out. Dad wouldn't let junior go to the NHL unless he was ready for the big show.

I'm a new Devils fan!