SiouxSports.com Forum

Pioneers vs. Sioux

sioux fan in phoenix

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from the East Regional final. Maines goal was very weak in OT! It would have been hard to overturn the call. Maines goalie is terrible. He gives up rebound after rebound. They should have been beat by Harvard. Wisco has no offense. I mean no offense! Time to watch some Sioux hockey on Foxs sports NY. The islander game finally finished!

I thought the Sioux looked sharp that period. Didn't give much up in their own zone, cycled the puck well, and had some good chances. With Berkoehl (sp?) appearing to be on his game, it's probably going to be another death match with Denver, which there have been a lot of in the last three years.

Announcers said Blais wanted more size on defense against Denver, so Marvin is in for Bina.

Sioux just need to keep doing what they are doing, especially sending guys to the net for rebounds. When a goalie is playing well, you need traffic, screens, deflections and rebounds. The pretty play is probably not going to go in.

Any idea why? I know Bina made a stupid mistake with a check yesterday, but I can't see him being out just because of that.

The TV announcers just said for Marvin's size. That just doesn't seem right either. Really odd. I really don't remember Marvin playing many on defense, and I think they all came at the beginning of the year.

Looks like the Sioux are playing their typical 2nd period. They look like they aren't taking control like they should be. Let's hope they get better, which I'm sure they will. We really need to get a couple of goals here and shut Denver down. From what I'm seeing, they look like their playing sloppy and I don't like seeing that!

Let's GO SIOUX! :0