SiouxSports.com Forum

Maine/Wisco

sprig

Can you tell these refs are not from the WCHA? The last two Wisconsin penalties would have been fine on any night in the WCHA. Wisconsin needs to realize this, so they don't keep going shorthanded. These Maine boys wouldn't be able to skate with the WCHA powerhouses every night.

The color commentator for this game is a Maine faithful. Does that show?

I am more concerned about this ref. He lost all credibility with the last call. The Badger couldn't leave after the whistle because the Maine player held his stick twice. Then a little elbow and the guy goes down like he was shot. It was worse than J Par's dive. :lol:

That happened earlier in the game as well when Wisconsin was on their 5 on 3. The defensemen skated into the Maine forward, who then made a pretty good dive, resulting in a Badger penalty. Pretty weak call. About as week as the call on Smaby last night when he hit the guy when they were both going into the boards, and he was called for hitting from behind. I thought that was pretty weak as well.

There are exciting 1-1 games, and then there was this. What a snoozer. Despite what Maine did to BC at the end of the year (after BC had clinched), I do not expect to see Maine beat either BC or Michigan in Boston. Congrats to Wisco on an outstanding season, considering where they were coming from.