SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four

GBpakrzz

It should be a fun tournament to watch and I just think every team has to watch their backs. As we have seen in basketball, it's not over until its over and there is always an upset or two. I hope to see the gophers playing the sioux again but neither team should be over confident. If the sioux play jordan parise they win! Jake Brandt is not the answer in goal. He could be great if he wasn't so cocky. Last night was just a good game by both teams but Jordan brings the Sioux the championship. Just my 2 cents. :D

For some reason, I have a feeling that Notre Dame will give MN a run for their money. They have a goalie that can play outstanding and control a game and if ND can toss a few behind Briggs, the Gophers could be done in one. I see them as the most likely to lose in the 1st round, however if they make it past ND and UMD and UND, i will only cheer for them to win it for the WCHA, but after that I hate all gophers.

For some reason, I have a feeling that Notre Dame will give MN a run for their money.

How about this reason...Notre Dame plays well as long as they don't play at home. They've beat teams like Maine (unbelievably great goaltending), BC (another offensive juggernaut), and Michigan (conference powerhouse), all on the road or on neutral ice, while they're home record is horrendus. They are the most likely #4 team to make it to the FF. But, I just don't see them getting past Minny.

The other ND will definately give that bracket a run for hte money and make them work for it. Of course should they make it out of the Midwest...the Sioux will laugh at them and dispose of them properly. :D

North Star: Unless you like living in the past, I suppose you could remove that outdated "Jones for Hobey!!" from your sig line ;):angry:

I shall leave it for next year and to remind everyone who got hosed in the Hobey process (no defensmen have anything on Jones that were top 10 finalists...not even Ballard, or Pock :angry: ) :D

It'll UND, Minnesota, BC and Maine.

UND over Minnesota.

BC over Maine.

UND 3-1 over BC.

UND played great against MN. IF wasn't for us giveing the puck to them we would have won. I really think UND is clicking on all cylinders now. No way will UND lose the Minnesota punks again. No way. UND to win number 8!

GO SIOUX!

IMO, one of the "Big 5", four of whom are considered favorites, will get upset. Don't know who, but I'd almost be willing to put money down that someone will get upset.

"Big 5"

UND

UMD

UMN

MAINE

BC

Considering the winner of the UMD/UMN bracket will take one of them out, I still think there will be one of the 5(4) out of it at the end...

WPoS

P.S. BTW, Gophers over MAINE for the championship and THREE-PEAT (just for you goon! :D )

Maine                                                    UND

WI                            UND

WI                                                          Miami

WI  UND    UND

BC                                                          Notre Dame ;)

BC                          ND :D

MI                                                          UMD

Revenge on those stinking badgers!

I'm not that big of a homer (against UM and UMD) just rooting for Fargo North Grad Cory McLean.

EDIT wow did the spacing get screwed up, I'll have to work on that. The quote option was my solution.

Maine UND

WI UND

WI Miami

WI UND UND

BC Notre Dame ;)

BC ND :D

MI UMD

I'm not that big of a homer (against UM and UMD) just rooting for Fargo North Grad Cory McLean.

EDIT wow did the spacing get screwed up, I'll have to work on that.

No one picking Holy Cross huh? Great jesuit school..If I recall....around 1500 total enrollment....D 1 Hockey and D1AA football.....Unbelievable they can compete at this level.

My prediction UND, other UND, Wisco, and Michigan... ;) yeah, that right :angry:

Good UND beats evil UND and Wisco beats Michigan. UND wins the Championship in a blowout.

BTW, way to go out on a limb all of you. I suppose you all have Kentucky in the Basketball championship. :D

I know baseballs supposed to be the superstitous sport but I hear you on this one, Saturday night was the first night that the Sioux lost when I wore my lucky shirt. Although I did put it on after we were down. Anyway I get real bent when the Sioux lose and I do believe in hexes. Somehow betting against my team works out most of the time. :angry:

ND vs Wisconsin in redemption

There's something different about this team though. In previous years, I would be pissed when they lost, but this year, for some reason, it just doesn't bother me nearly as much, possibly because I have so much faith in this team. They have all the pieces to win a championship, they just have to go and play hard and get it. The competetiveness of this team is their best asset going into the tourney... that and those 2 really good forwards everyones always talking about :angry:

Midwest:

1. Minnesota vs. 4. Notre Dame ---- Minnesota 6-2

2. Duluth vs. 3. Michigan St. ---- Duluth 5-3 in a close game

1. Minnesota vs. 2. Duluth ---- Minnesota wins pulling away in the 3rd period. 5-3

West:

1. North Dakota vs. Holy Cross ---- No Brainer7-1

2. Denver vs. 3. Miami ---- Miami suprises everyone edging out Denver by 1 goal. 3-2

1. North Dakota vs. 3. Miami ---- North Dakota embarrasses their 2nd opponent of the tourney. 6-1

East:

1. Maine vs. 4. Harvard ----Maine keeps riding Howard winning 3-1

2. Ohio vs 3. Wisconsin ---- Wisconsin outplays Ohio 5-3

1. Maine vs. 3. Wisconsin ---- Wisconsin gets a lucky bounce in OT to beat Howard and the blackbears 3-2

Northeast:

1. Boston College vs. 4. Niagra ---- Boston College 4-0

2. Michigan vs. 3. New Hampshire ---- Michigan scores a touchdown on the choke-artist Ayers. 7-4

1. Boston College vs. 2. Michigan ---- Hell of a game but Montoya plays out of his mind and holds off BC. Michigan 5-4

FROZEN FOUR

1(W). North Dakota vs. 1(MW). Minnesota ---- Minnesota loses on neutral Ice. 5-3 North Dakota

3(E). Wisconsin vs. 2(NE). Michigan ---- Michigan wins a tough game 4-2

CHAMIONSHIP GAME

North Dakota 4

Michigan 2