SiouxSports.com Forum

dog tags (signs)

YaneA

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got the Deja Sioux sign in suite 247 (long story). I'm not sure how I'd get it out of there before this weekend. You might have to make another as I'm still not 100 percent sure I'm going to St. Paul. I think it would be cool to hold up that sign against any team the Sioux have swept this season - after they win, of course.

Supertrex,soSIOUXme, Forecheck & Redwing: Thanks for holding up the signs. The "Deja Sioux" sign was one of the last shots in the broadcast both nights and both nights Sweeney read it wrong, as "Deja Sioux All Over Again"! Guess that's what we get for being so darn clever.

Although the "This Tall" idea originated here and I did make the sign, that wasn't my sign down on the glass. Some girls sitting there brought in a couple of signs including the "This Tall" one. The one I made was on back of the "What's an Ellsworth?" sign that soSIOUXme had several rows up. Much better being displayed at ice-level so thank you girls, whoever you are, for that.

Did you like the hat, soSIOUXme? One of the ushers and an EMT stopped me and asked how they could get a hat. I brought them each one Saturday night. I've made a few more for the people going to the FF on Al Pearson's bus with me.

So, yes, I will be there. I don't know what the Xcel rule is about signs, either. Earlier in this thread, I gave siouxyeahyeah a bunch of ideas for signs since s/he has said they will be going to the FF and wanted to make some. While I think that anyone and everyone who wants to make a sign should, I also think the effort should be coordinated so there aren't 15 "Seawolf:The Other Dead Meat" signs and no "Bucky Bails; Sioux Xcel" signs. I have some leftover signs from our series at home with the Gophers that I could bring to the Xcel on the off chance we meet the Rodents in the championship game.

What do you guys want to do? Do you want me to make some new signs and bring them to the X, after getting your approval of the ideas? (Read back through the thread and see the ideas already posted for the FF). I'm sure I can get some of the people from Al's bus to hold them up but it would be so much better to have Sioux friendly signs scattered around the building. I don't know where the seats for Al's Pals are but if you want a sign and can e-mail me your seat number at the X, I can try to get it to you. Unfortunately, unless Al changes the leave time, I don't think our bus is going to get there much in advance of the 2:08 Sioux game. But I could bring the sign to you after the first period.

Lots of laughter in my section when that one was up on the big screen.

Well done.

Was that the sign I held up during the beer song? I remember singing along with a sign in one hand and my beer in the other on the big screen. :glare: There weren't many students sitting around me in the student section, but they all got a laugh at the hooking sign.

Did you like the hat, soSIOUXme? One of the ushers and an EMT stopped me and asked how they could get a hat. I brought them each one Saturday night. I've made a few more for the people going to the FF on Al Pearson's bus with me.

YaneA, We (me, friends, family) loved the hat. Also, I will pass on that we got compliments on the sign from people across the arena. Thank You Again!

J

soSIOUXme--Glad you liked the hat. I'll be bringing only about 6-8 with me to the X and expect that my fellow denizens on Al Pearson's bus will snap them up.

If someone wants one and will be at tomorrow afternoon's game, I will make one especially for you if you e-mail me your seat number for the Sioux vs. Whoever semi.