SiouxSports.com Forum

Great job by the fans

jloos

It was nice to see the students in 108 come up with some new chants. They were very creative, much better than the who's he, he sucks ____. Personally I appreciate the effort by all those working on the solution rather than whining about Kupchella.

To the rest of the fans, it was great to see about 90% stay for the award of the McNaughton trophey. That showed a lot of class and support for the team.

I'm the first to rip on ref's for a bad game. How about giving credit for a good game? Mason did an excellant job - let both teams play without it turning into a bloodbath. Look at the other WCHA games last night - Denver won and WI tied on late 3rd period 5X3's. The number of penalties in these games was between 30-40.

What was in the bags presented to Forecheck (I'm assuming) and the other fan?

What's up with the trumpet guy? Did he almost do a header onto the ice on purpose? If so he's a good actor, looked like it really hurt.

The trumpet guy was banging his head on the plexiglass in Sec 116 where I was sitting...you could hear his forehead striking the glass. I thought "what is that guy doing and is he going to have a headache in the morning"...

Fun game last night. I was standing up in 116 whenever the students on the other side stood. At first the crowd just sat, but eventually, other people started getting into it... I think they just need to see that it's ok to stand up once in a while and not just when the sioux score.

Too bad about that last goal, I was hoping for a shut-out.

I'm pretty sure the trumpet guy wasn't acting He jumped up the glass and sat on it, then he played his little song, then he fell backwards, caught himself with one hand and managed not to crack his skull open on the ice. He got himself back up, slipped again and stradled the glass, thus crushing one of the little boys. Wow. So painful yet so hillarious. :D

The one thing I don't get though is the students can't stand up or say "sh^t", but this guy can SIT ON THE TOP OF THE GLASS? WTF? ;);)

I'm pretty sure the trumpet guy wasn't acting He jumped up the glass and sat on it, then he played his little song, then he fell backwards, caught himself with one hand and managed not to crack his skull open on the ice. He got himself back up, slipped again and stradled the glass, thus crushing one of the little boys. Wow. So painful yet so hillarious. :D

The one thing I don't get though is the students can't stand up or say "sh^t", but this guy can SIT ON THE TOP OF THE GLASS? WTF? ;);)

I thought he crushed a bean, it looked painfull. A buddy of mine said someone in his section asked if it was part of his act, he said yes. I'm close to the aisle in section 108, it looked like he fell to me. The look on his face made me think he regretted it.

If he would have done a header on the ice and died would they have postponed the game? ;)

Sorry Forecheck, I thought the girl getting the award looked like a Forecheck. :angry: What did they get the awards for anyway? If they don't post on this board they are not true fans. ;)

Mrs. Jensen : What exactly are we looking at here?

Ted: What do you mean?

Mrs. Jensen: Well, I mean, uh is it the um... or the uh...

Mary's step-father: Is it the frank or the beans?

Sorry Forecheck, I thought the girl getting the award looked like a Forecheck. ;) What did they get the awards for anyway? If they don't post on this board they are not true fans. ;)

Mrs. Jensen : What exactly are we looking at here?

Ted: What do you mean?

Mrs. Jensen: Well, I mean, uh is it the um... or the uh...

Mary's step-father: Is it the frank or the beans?

That's a negative. My hair is the opposite of curly.

That's the best part of the movie. How many guys cringed when they showed it stuck in the zipper? :D

To the rest of the fans, it was great to see about 90% stay for the award of the McNaughton trophey. That showed a lot of class and support for the team.

Don't forget about the 100s, if not 1000s, of dedicated fans who cheered the Sioux via the Internet last night. We stuck around & didn't leave, either. :D

Anybody know if the trumpet guy is paid by the REA? That is the only possible explanation I can think of for him being able to sit on the glass like that. And what happened to that big, fluffy polar bear they were touting earlier in the year? Did they deep 6 him?

Agreed on ref Mason last night. It sounds like he let them play unlike the refs in Denver & Wisco. And to think he was right up there with Adams in terms of one of the most despised WCHA refs according to Sioux fans earlier in the year. Maybe it was a fluke, but regardless, he deserves a pat on the back for his performance last night.

The trumpet guy is an REA employee, he is one of the new little perks to help get the fans into it. And as for him falling backwards off the glass. He had been practicing that all week at the ralph. I guess they put a nice soft matt for him to land on until he got the hang of catching himself. But the twig and berries incident I don't know about. I think it was probably suppose to be part of his act, but he may have accidently turned the berries into jam.

Don't tell me that Crazy Claude made an appearance with his trumpet to the Ralph...did he? Was he wearing wind pants and a jersey, and banged his head on the glass with his hat turned sideways? If so, that knucklehead wore out his welcome down here in San Antonio at Rampage games...you're right, it gets old quick. Let me know if it was him...thanks.

Don't tell me that Crazy Claude made an appearance with his trumpet to the Ralph...did he? Was he wearing wind pants and a jersey, and banged his head on the glass with his hat turned sideways? If so, that knucklehead wore out his welcome down here in San Antonio at Rampage games...you're right, it gets old quick. Let me know if it was him...thanks.

Ummm.....that's an awfully accurate description :D

Fan Appreciation Weekend.... what a joke. Did you know that the students were supposed to get free food during at least one of the games?

I got this coupon for a free water, but it isn't valid at the Ralph. Wow! A free 68 -$1 worth of bottled water. Whoopee!!!!!!

What crap. At least the chick said yes to that dude who proposed.

Sorry Forecheck, I thought the girl getting the award looked like a Forecheck. :) What did they get the awards for anyway? If they don't post on this board they are not true fans. ???

I was the girl, and yes I do post on this board although not too frequently...I can never seem to find enough time to be on here as much as I would like. I guess people have seen me in the student section at all the games and have enjoyed a few of the signs I've made. I'm sure there are plenty of other people just as deserving as me, however.

In the bags (for whoever asked) was a UND athletics t-shirt, Sioux Illustrated hat, Sioux Illustrated magazine (the latest issue), a WCHA/Sioux puck, an I love Sioux pin, posters of Bochenski and Parise, a nice UND thermos, and $25 to Dagwoods. I think that was all of it. I was quite surprised, actually, that they gave away that much stuff free...usually pretty rare at the Ralph... :lol:

By the way, what did you mean by the girl getting the award looked like a Forecheck? I'm assuming Forecheck herself is beautiful so I'll take that as a compliment unless proven otherwise. :)

The trumpet guy is an REA employee, he is one of the new little perks to help get the fans into it. And as for him falling backwards off the glass. He had been practicing that all week at the ralph. I guess they put a nice soft matt for him to land on until he got the hang of catching himself. But the twig and berries incident I don't know about. I think it was probably suppose to be part of his act, but he may have accidently turned the berries into jam.

He is a one man national act. Not sure if he ventures outside of hockey, but he's performed at various NHL, AHL, and ECHL games.

I said she looked like A forecheck, not the forecheck. I have no idea what forecheck looks like, nor do I have any idea what A forecheck person would look like. It was my futile attempt at humor. ??? As was my 'true' fans reference.

I like all of the signs made, good work to you and everyone else that makes them.

Don't worry, I was just giving you a hard time. I probably do look like A forecheck. I do have a few signs up my sleeve for the final five, but who knows if they'll be seen if the Minnesota people are doing all the coverage. They wouldn't want to make their already bad gophers look worse! For sure "Minnesota: Land of 10,000 excuses" will make the trip. Oh how I can't wait to hold that one up again! ???

By the way, what did you mean by the girl getting the award looked like a Forecheck? I'm assuming Forecheck herself is beautiful so I'll take that as a compliment unless proven otherwise. ???

Flattery will get you nowhere! I sit one row in front of you, about 5 seats to your left.