SiouxSports.com Forum

New Rules

dagies

http://www.uscho.com/news/2002/06/14_004464.php

Gotta find something to talk about.

15 seconds doesn't seem like much time to get set for a face-off (with line changes) but hey, if it moves things along that sounds good.

Looks like some good stuff in here.

I don't know Dagies your going to have to run to get a beer between faceoffs. What about scrums, if there is a scrum after the wistle what are they going to do drop the puck with a melee/mob (sp) going on.

As far as TV They also said that they would take time outs for hockey. I heard Hennesy talk about MSC tended to go on TV time out when the Gophers go on the power play, this is probably mere speculation or coincidence.

I think the rules committee needs to just leave the game alone I don't think the college game is broken.

I'm a big fan of the reduced crease size (I understand it's being changed to become identical to the NHL crease instead of the current half-circle crease used in college).

It's way too easy to get a crease violation yet be nowhere near interfering with the goaltender (the entire point of marking the crease).  Right now, if you're coming from behind the net to the non-action side for a setup, you have to consciously skate around the crease that's jutting out to the side of the net.

I like the change to a 15 second faceoff.  I think it will not only speed up the game a bit, but also force teams to act quicker to change lines.  In some cases, it could leave a team dry if they have their 4 line stuck out there against another team's 1 line.  I'd bet coaches will preach "the 15 second hustle" in practice to get an edge on their opponents. :(

I've always favored a smaller, NHL crease as it tends to allow more physical play around the net and can help set up screens.  

Hopefully the zebras follow thorough with the diving and other sportsmanship penalties.  Too much of that crap gets to be part of a player's resume.   :D