SiouxSports.com Forum

Recruits

GBpakrzz

Who do the Sioux having coming in next year or the year after? Is N.D. "Mr. Hockey" Jordan McIntyre on our radar or is he headed elsewhere?

That would be great. Did you see that shot he took against South. That was a big-time shot. That goalie had no chance on that shot.

Hopefully Jordan and Matt Moreland will be on the Sioux radar (although Moreland may be looking to follow big-bro to St. Cloud - anyone know where Kasey (sp?) is now? Juniors I assume but where he ends up may close the deal on Matt). Both players need at least 1 year and probably two in juniors but I could definately see both in a Sioux uniform someday - and hopefully the coaches are watching....(We don't want another Potulny deal...)

That would be great. Did you see that shot he took against South. That was a big-time shot. That goalie had no chance on that shot.

That was Matt Moreland that scored the game winner, not McIntyre. Both will have to go to juniors before they are ready for college hockey. Jon Ammerman from Moorhead is being recruited by Minnesota, UND and St. Cloud. Minnesota may have the inside track because UND may have room for only 1 more defenseman and they are very interested in Jon Ammerman and 3 other defensemen who are currently playing high school hockey in Minnesota (I know who they are, I would rather not say on this board). Minnesota went to watch when Jon Ammerman played against Centennial and White Bear Lake.

Hopefully Jordan and Matt Moreland will be on the Sioux radar (although Moreland may be looking to follow big-bro to St. Cloud - anyone know where Kasey (sp?) is now? Juniors I assume but where he ends up may close the deal on Matt). Both players need at least 1 year and probably two in juniors but I could definately see both in a Sioux uniform someday - and hopefully the coaches are watching....(We don't want another Potulny deal...)

Kasey is playing in Sioux Falls of the USHL, currently splitting time with a goalie by the name of Craig Vardy. I doubt highly that Kasey would come to UND, because we have two good freshman goalies this year, and next year, we get Phil the Savior.

It was Moreland who took the shot by the way, and the player the Sioux should sign as soon as possible is Marto, he's the type of d-man we haven't had in a long, long time. He is like the second coming of Bobby Orr, if he keeps growing, and developing, he will be unstoppable. A Jordan Leopld type. I've heard rumors that he's interested in U of M, and I think Dean needs to put a stop to that IMMEDIATELY. Get Marto NOW!

Just a side note, I think they should also look into harvesting all of the Lamoreux boys. They already have Phil coming, and they should get Jacques (6'0, 205 forward), P.J. (6'1, 215 D, and very tough and nasty), and Mario, who is currently a freshman at central. Jacques is a junior this year, and P.J. is a sophomore.

Just a side note, I think they should also look into harvesting all of the Lamoreux boys. They already have Phil coming, and they should get Jacques (6'0, 205 forward), P.J. (6'1, 215 D, and very tough and nasty), and Mario, who is currently a freshman at central. Jacques is a junior this year, and P.J. is a sophomore.

Don't we have to wait until fall to start worrying about that?? :p:lol:

Kasey is playing in Sioux Falls of the USHL, currently splitting time with a goalie by the name of Craig Vardy. I doubt highly that Kasey would come to UND, because we have two good freshman goalies this year, and next year, we get Phil the Savior.

It was Moreland who took the shot by the way, and the player the Sioux should sign as soon as possible is Marto, he's the type of d-man we haven't had in a long, long time. He is like the second coming of Bobby Orr, if he keeps growing, and developing, he will be unstoppable. A Jordan Leopld type. I've heard rumors that he's interested in U of M, and I think Dean needs to put a stop to that IMMEDIATELY. Get Marto NOW!

I agree with you about Marto and his upside, but I don't think he's as far along as Lee and Ammerman from Moorhead, Hardwick from Warroad, or Anderson from Centennial, who are all also juniors in high school. It is a bit premature to sign the Lamoreauxs since Jacque and PJ are not playing in the USHL and it remains to be seen how well they will do at that level. I have heard that PJ has struggled. Mario is only a 9th grader, so he has some developing to do. I don't think that the Sioux need to recruit freshmen in high school.

What school does Marto play at & what's his position?

He is a defenseman for GF Central. He is small (about 5'8" 160), but moves very well with the puck and has good offensive skills. Ammerman, Hardwick and RJ Anderson are also defensemen. Anderson has 20+ goals on the No. 1 team in Minnesota.

Thanks, skateshattrick. Kinda sounds like another Bina. Would be surprised if we got Anderson because I *think* Centennial is a TC school. I think the last 2 steals we got from a TC suburb were DeFauw & Armbrust.

That used to be true, but not with Blais. Bochenski went to Blaine (right next to Centennial) and Parise went to Bloomington Jefferson before Shattuck. Karl Goehring went to Apple Valley.

:p hockeyhazben,

First time responding, Just want to add my thoughts on the Moreland boys. Jake is now seeing time in the AHL. Good for him. Casey is in Sioux Falls and Yes UND is very interested in him. Casey will pick UND over St. Cloud if he sees him fitting in the picture. Matt is now going to Sioux Falls to play on weekends . I truly think that UND will will look at Matt due to his H.S. coaches are ex UND players and will really work on Dean to take a serious look at him. I am very close to both sides of this deal. Regarding Marto. He has always loved the Gophs and it will be tough to get him to change his mind. He has made contact with the team and the Putolny boys are really working the deal well by having some Key players visit with him. He was really impressed. We need him to stay here. Dean needs to work the Parents on this deal...especially the Father.

Blais is also talking to a forward on Moorhead. Don't want to say who until its made public. Sioux assistants have also talked to a total of 6 players from Moorhead. Obviously all of these kids are not going to sign, but look for 2 or 3 playing for the Sioux in the next 2-4 years. Becker's dad played for the Sioux (and the Rangers) he is a very skilled player, lacking in size, but he's only a junior.

Look for one of the Sioux assistants to be gone for the playoff games, the MN State tourny is that weekend. It is a good chance to get a look at the HS players playing under pressure and against good competition.

(DaveK @ Mar 2 2004, 04:23 AM)

I am in favor of getting the best talent from not only Grand Forks, but also the entire state of North Dakota.

As long as you keep sending them to Lincoln for a 1 to 2 year hiatus between High School and College!