SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux at Bulldogs

sioux fan in phoenix

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Blais on post-game: Says it was a great 3rd period. Really needed the 4th goal. It was big.

At times in the 2nd period, we were on our heels a bit. 3rd period was all ours.

Great game for all six defensemen. Fourth line gave us some precious time when we needed it.

Not making neutral zone turnovers was key.

Predictions tomorrow? Sioux 3-2.

4-2 UMD. UMD started poorly and never recovered. Reichmuth let in that softie, and it really deflated the Dogs and the crowd at the DECC. Dogs only outplayed the Sioux for portions of the second period, and were unable to capitalize on chances, shooting wide several times.

I think the underdog role really played in the boys' favor tonight...allowed them to play a little looser.

I agree. I think all the pressure was on the Bulldogs.

A couple of weeks ago on the coaches show, Blais said he told the players that if they won the last six games, the MacNaughton Cup would be theirs.

Three down, three to go.

A lot of talk goin' on after a great Sioux victory, but it ain't over. Let's not get too high. When the boys win, we should all act like we expected it, and be gracious. UMD is a heck of a team and to beat them five straight is going to be extremely difficult. They are also one of the few teams that play a skating game instead of gooning it up, although, I must admit, they had their moments at times on Zach.