SiouxSports.com Forum

UNC in trouble again

cberkas

Would the NCAA's "Death Penalty" be appropriate here? Of course, if they wouldn't use it on Penn State FB, why would they use it here?

Either use it where it is appropriate or get rid of it.

The "death penalty" is a by-sport penalty (see: SMU football). What do you hit with that at UNC? The issues seem athletic department wide. 

RE: Penn State - I never understood why the NCAA got involved in that one. That was a criminal matter. I would have liked to have seen a few more PSU officials in handcuffs for conspiracy (the cover-up of the crime). 

Edited by The Sicatoka

The "death penalty" is a by-sport penalty (see: SMU football). What do you hit with that at UNC? The issues seem athletic department wide. 

RE: Penn State - I never understood why the NCAA got involved in that one. That was a criminal matter. I would have liked to have seen a few more PSU officials in handcuffs for conspiracy (the cover-up of the crime). 

Its like what you say Sic.

It is their organization, they make up their own rules. 

Well, UNC seems to have an AD wide problem here. Maybe there should be a Campus Death Penalty for situations like this. Who knows what else is happening?