SiouxSports.com Forum

BSC Standings 2014-15

darell1976

I guess they don't think much of Sac State, or is it because EWU beat Indiana and Sac hasn't beaten a big named team.

Its because Sac St's RPI is 141 and Eastern Washington's is 71.

Sac St is currently 16-8 and EWU is 17-7.  The main difference is their SOS is 295 vs 185.  That's what happens when you schedule easy teams to get to your magical 20 wins.  Playing and likely losing to a few highly ranked teams is usually better than playing and beating some cupcakes.  Though not only playing Indiana but beating them at Assembly Hall definitely bumps their RPI even more with the win adjustment placed on road wins.

Its because Sac St's RPI is 141 and Eastern Washington's is 71.

Sac St is currently 16-8 and EWU is 17-7.  The main difference is their SOS is 295 vs 185.  That's what happens when you schedule easy teams to get to your magical 20 wins.  Playing and likely losing to a few highly ranked teams is usually better than playing and beating some cupcakes.  Though not only playing Indiana but beating them at Assembly Hall definitely bumps their RPI even more with the win adjustment placed on road wins.

UND's SOS is the toughest in the conference with a 154, Sac State's SOS is the 4th easiest in the conference, EWU is #2 in toughest SOS.  

UND's SOS is the toughest in the conference with a 154, Sac State's SOS is the 4th easiest in the conference, EWU is #2 in toughest SOS.  

Actually EWU is #1.  And I'm confused about what your point is?  Are you trying to say that it doesn't matter who's on the schedule?  I didn't say there wasn't a tradeoff, you still need to win the games you're supposed to at minimum and you can't lose at home, especially to bad teams. 

My point was, your 20 wins bar doesn't really mean anything, you can be better off in the grand scheme of things playing a tougher schedule and winning fewer games.  You also give yourself a change for a much bigger bump if you can pull off an upset.  Shooting for 20 wins every year is a pointless goal other than its a nice round number.  Setting a benchmark at an arbitrary number doesn't do anything.

• Upvote 1

Actually EWU is #1. And I'm confused about what your point is? Are you trying to say that it doesn't matter who's on the schedule? I didn't say there wasn't a tradeoff, you still need to win the games you're supposed to at minimum and you can't lose at home, especially to bad teams.

My point was, your 20 wins bar doesn't really mean anything, you can be better off in the grand scheme of things playing a tougher schedule and winning fewer games. You also give yourself a change for a much bigger bump if you can pull off an upset. Shooting for 20 wins every year is a pointless goal other than its a nice round number. Setting a benchmark at an arbitrary number doesn't do anything.

ESPN has UND #1. I didn't have a point just saying where UND ranked on SOS compared to the top two teams in the conference.

These last 3 games its time to insert Shields, Coleman into major minutes over Nash and Antwi and get them more experience as this season is officially over. ( Been over for awhile but now official).

I too would like to see more playing time for Shields and possibly Coleman, but Antwi is actually playing the best basketball of his career right now, and I would hate to see him play any less than what he has been.

• Upvote 1

I too would like to see more playing time for Shields and possibly Coleman, but Antwi is actually playing the best basketball of his career right now, and I would hate to see him play any less than what he has been.

I agree Antwi is playing very well and I'm sure it won't happen but now is the time to get these other guys minutes and Nash and Antwi are the only seniors playing major minutes.  Not sure who else you take minutes from in order for Shields and Coleman to get more playing time.