SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota v. Sacramento St.

bincitysioux

The refs were bad last night, but both ways I thought. McKinney really had a fire lit under him after one call, I thought he was going to explode. Really took rhythm out of the game and then throw in the two big breaks in action with the review and the shot clock/scoreboard malfunctions.

I was really impressed with de Rouen. You could tell Garrity was very frustrated with the way he was guarding him. De Rouen is just a bulldog out there and I like that a lot. Him and Antwi seemed to have problems communicating, was a little troubled by that.

Good assessment. I thought the calls evened out as they usually do.....one sequence that hurt UND was when we were up 2 and Sac State missed a shot and Dustin Hobaugh was grabbed by the shoulder and thrown to the floor which allowed for the tying put back and then on the ensuing possession, Hooker drove the lane and his shot came off the rim and Nash had a beautiful put back to give us the lead and they called over the back as he made contact at the end of the play with a Sacramento State player who was directly under the rim.....just gets magnified when one was a very obvious mised call followed by a ticky tac call(at best).

Not sure about the "grabbed by the shoulder" part, looked like a couple players battling down low. I do think that over the back on the put back was cheap. But then again I thought there were a couple "and 1's" the refs could have called on some Hornet buckets. I've seen (and will see) much worse officiating in the BSC.

The refs were bad last night, but both ways I thought. McKinney really had a fire lit under him after one call, I thought he was going to explode. Really took rhythm out of the game and then throw in the two big breaks in action with the review and the shot clock/scoreboard malfunctions.

I was really impressed with de Rouen. You could tell Garrity was very frustrated with the way he was guarding him. De Rouen is just a bulldog out there and I like that a lot. Him and Antwi seemed to have problems communicating, was a little troubled by that.

Pretty sure that is all one can hope for in the BSC.