SiouxSports.com Forum

New Haven drops football

UND92,96

I think it said a school with a small alumni base, little community support and a mediocre tradition is having trouble meeting revenue predictions. There's dozens of DII schools within a reasonably close distance to New Haven (so your geographically isolated theory is bunk). It sounds like they are having the same troubles Morningside had. How come you haven't compared NDSU to them yet? That would be a better comparison since everyone on this board will be more familiar with Morningside.

Let me try again. :huh:

A school fiscally damages its athletic department by sending its football team to far off, airline travel required, destinations. The effects are felt in other athletic programs as well.

See, when you're more explicit I don't make presumptions that you weren't inferring in the first place. :glare: Your assessment is fair enough, and NDSU's travel costs are definitely going to rise. Obviously our AD is banking on revenue streams rising as well, but we'll have to see. As a wise man once told me, the only thing more dangerous than venturing into the unknown is maintaining the status quo.

See, when you're more explicit I don't make presumptions that you weren't inferring in the first place. :glare: Your assessment is fair enough, and NDSU's travel costs are definitely going to rise. Obviously our AD is banking on revenue streams rising as well, but we'll have to see. As a wise man once told me, the only thing more dangerous than venturing into the unknown is maintaining the status quo.

New Haven should have requested larger guarantees from the schools they played.

GVSU was suppost to play them next year. Word was we had penned a home and away series with them. I kinda think they had bit of a Notre Dame complex, thinking that they are too good to get into a conference. Notre Dame has made it work because of their large fan base and are always a draw whereever they go. However, you can't tell me that Notre Dame wouldn't be better off if they got themselves into the Big Ten like they should have had years ago, lots of their other sports teams have suffered by having to play in the Big East conference. Anyways, not every D2 school can afford to help cover a teams travel expensives. New Haven should have gotten into the Northeast-10 conference Yeah, we know its weak with mostly D3 level talent, but it would have given them a lot shorter road trips. And they could have always schedule the one tough non-conference game. Plus, having a team that has played outside of their little pool there in the NE-10 could have been the kick in the ass that the rest of the conference has needed for a long time.

See, when you're more explicit I don't make presumptions that you weren't inferring in the first place. :) Your assessment is fair enough, and NDSU's travel costs are definitely going to rise. Obviously our AD is banking on revenue streams rising as well, but we'll have to see. As a wise man once told me, the only thing more dangerous than venturing into the unknown is maintaining the status quo.

Who?

I was talking about New Haven.