SiouxSports.com Forum

Montana @ UND

NODAK13

This

Plus he's not going to be on the floor in the final five minutes of a game because, teams will just foul him and send him to the line- which we all know has been a challenge for him this year.

Problem is Nash was on the floor in the final 5 minutes and that could have been a huge mistake by Jones and also Webb was on the floor who is almost as bad as Nash shooting free throws and Webb also turned the ball over 2-3 times unforced in those final 5 minutes. My point is Jones substitutions make no sense or lack of lately. Nash and Webb should have been at least out in the final 3-4 minutes with Stefen and Schuler in there cause we had Hooker (pt guard) and Anderson ( really a point guard) In the game and we would have had 4 excellent free throw shooters in and extremely smart players that rarely turn the ball over. It will cost us games down the stretch if Jones continues to sub or not sub like he has lately.

Problem is Nash was on the floor in the final 5 minutes and that could have been a huge mistake by Jones and also Webb was on the floor who is almost as bad as Nash shooting free throws and Webb also turned the ball over 2-3 times unforced in those final 5 minutes. My point is Jones substitutions make no sense or lack of lately. Nash and Webb should have been at least out in the final 3-4 minutes with Stefen and Schuler in there cause we had Hooker (pt guard) and Anderson ( really a point guard) In the game and we would have had 4 excellent free throw shooters in and extremely smart players that rarely turn the ball over. It will cost us games down the stretch if Jones continues to sub or not sub like he has lately.

So what your saying is Webb's ability to play D, is not needed in the final 4 minutes. That makes no sense. So Webb had a few turnovers...get over it. He's had some unbelievable stretches of assist to TO ratio during this season and in his career. And when he's playing well...this team plays well. Also, he did make some free throws, but again late in the game Saturday, he wasn't in there for offense- he was in there to guard people. I think too many on here worry way too much about offense with this team. This team can score... it's when they don't guard that creates the problems.

I think too many on here worry way too much about offense with this team. This team can score... it's when they don't guard that creates the problems.

I believe Jones made a comment somewhere along the line that they need to hold a team to under 70 points and if they do that, they win.

The stats back it up as well. 8-0 when the opposing team is held under 70 points, 3-4 when the opposing team scores between 70-77 points and 0-10 when the opposing team scores 78 or more.

I believe Jones made a comment somewhere along the line that they need to hold a team to under 70 points and if they do that, they win.

The stats back it up as well. 8-0 when the opposing team is held under 70 points, 3-4 when the opposing team scores between 70-77 points and 0-10 when the opposing team scores 78 or more.

It's all about defense, defense, defense!

Right now, I think the two major concerns that affect the defense are rebounding and turnovers. If the defense can limit offensive rebounds and, when UND has the ball, not turn the ball over, this team has the ability to hold any Big Sky team to under 70. Now, whether they can execute that and perform down this stretch run remains to be seen.