SiouxSports.com Forum

Weber State (5-6, 2-1) @ UND (5-8, 2-1)

SWSiouxMN

While UND nearly let one slip away against Idaho State, there was some noticeable improvement from the squad. However, the finish of the game was left to be desired. UND finished their 3 game home stand with a biggie. Weber State went and got hammered down in Greely and will be looking for blood in Grand Forks. UND is going to need to play their best game of the season because I feel that Weber will come out swinging, they don't want to go back to Odem 2-2.

I'm sure last years loss in the Big Sky semis still does not sit well with this team and will look to try and revenge that. A UND win might be the shot in the arm the team needs to get the positive energy back from earlier in the year, especially with a daunting road trip to the Montanas coming up.

Other Games:

Montana State (8-6, 3-0) @ Eastern Washington (6-8, 1-2)

Sac State (4-8, 0-3 ) @ Southern Utah (1-10, 0-2)

Idaho State (5-7, 2-1) @ Northern Colorado (9-3, 3-0)

Montana (6-6, 1-2) @ Portland State (5-7, 0-3)

Off: NAU (5-9, 2-1)

Have to contain Weber St's big 3:

Berry G/F 6-4

Bolomboy F 6-9

Tresnak C 6-10

I hope we have Salomon because we are going to need the depth today at the post.

NOTE: It looks like they have a nice Fr. Senglin.

Their height in the post is a huge concern. We don't even come close to matching up to their size and scoring in the post. We need to finally shoot lights out to counter all the scoring they will have in the post, especially 2nd chance points.

I think UND finally puts it all together today and gets a big time win. I look for the defense to continue to get better and hopefully they will continue to improve their work on the boards.

Hitting shots will be important, we need our shooter to get into rhythm and catch and shoot with confidence. They need to aggressively attack the zone and make it move around.

Any post production we get will be huge, hopefully they use Nash a little bit more down in the post (he might not have as much success as he did against ISU, but he is a lot better than some of the other options we have. Traylor and Calcaterra need to be active on the boards and make most of their opportunities on the offensive end.

Its go time for Huff and Anderson, they are our stars and they need to play like stars.

I bet they go with the same starting lineup as Thursday, putting Calcaterra on Tres, Nash on Bolomboy, and Huff on Berry

In the other games:

I'll take EWU, Sac Sate, Mont, and UNC to win today.

UND needs a big shooting day from Stefan and Schuler..

Montana State (8-6, 3-0) @ Eastern Washington (6-8, 1-2)

Sac State (4-8, 0-3 ) @ Southern Utah (1-10, 0-2)

Idaho State (5-7, 2-1) @ Northern Colorado (9-3, 3-0) - UNC looks like a monster this year.

Montana (6-6, 1-2) @ Portland State (5-7, 0-3)

Weber @ UND - going homer today.. big game today