SiouxSports.com Forum

SCSU new stadium

huskies679

looks like it will be real nice.. the fact that is on campus should help student attendance.. I don't think anybody will miss Selke.. the bathrooms in there were scary.. will the playing surface be grass or some type of turf?

huskies679-

How much of an impact do you think this will have on SCSU football attendance? It seems that low attendance has plagued the Huskies for a long time--even during the past couple of years when you guys have been good.

The thing that drives me crazy about St. Cloud is the fact that there doesn't seem to be any local network tv stations, which means that when you watch the local sportscast, there are no NCC scores given. Everything is out of the cities. My sister lives in St. Cloud and whenever I visit, I have to wait for the morning paper to find out who won any of the NCC games. It's really frustrating.

Sicatoka, Yes i believe it is field turf.

UND92,96- The media situation is frustrating for SCSU fans. All of our news is Mpls media. Imagine how frustrating it is for Husky Hockey fans having to only watch UM highlights. They don't even give SCSU scores.

Its even worse for NCC coverage.

As far as attendance, i think the new field, being on campus, having actual parking lots, and a good product, will increase attendance. It better! One interesting note on the funding of the stadium is that the students voted to pay for it through increased activity fees.

This is kinda fun to get a response from you guys. And it is slow at the store today.

Anyway, Cheeringsiouxfromsmog there was a city wide vote about 5-6 years ago for an indoor stadium that barely failed. So the students and private donors are building their own stadium. I voted for the dome but this will do. there will be a dome over the new stadium in the winter months.

This is kinda fun to get a response from you guys. And it is slow at the store today.

Anyway, Cheeringsiouxfromsmog there was a city wide vote about 5-6 years ago for an indoor stadium that barely failed. So the students and private donors are building their own stadium. I voted for the dome but this will do. there will be a dome over the new stadium in the winter months.

sounds like a great facility

I hope the attendance will rise to the level they deserve to have at their games.

I guess I didn't read it that way. I read it that, when football was over, there would be a dome type structure over the field, but could be wrong.

That's why I asked the question about the winter games. Wasn't sure if it was for practice, games, or something else.

somebison-

the field will be some type of turf that is "new and improved" i forget the name. It is to be just like grass. and about those selke bathrooms, there was more water on the floor that is the toilets!

just thinking about those bathrooms almost gives me the creeps :) will the stands be on one side only.. i noticed the visiting stands were removed from selke when i was there for the game this year.. do they plan on using these at the new stadium?

Somebison, there will be seating on three sides. I now have a great pic of what the place lill look like when completed but I don't know how to get it from the my pictures file to this board. Would i click on img then type the file name? I will try it once but i may need help. It did not work. HELP? I did not pull the pic off the web, it was emailed to me if that helps any

Somebison, there will be seating on three sides.  I now have a great pic of what the place lill look like when completed but I don't know how to get it from the my pictures file to this board.  Would i click on img then type the file name?  I will try it once but i may need help.  It did not work.  HELP?  I did not pull the pic off the web, it was emailed to me if that helps any

I am aware of a couple of options.. you could go to free photo-hosting site (ex www.villagephotos.com) and upload your pic there and link it.. another way would be to upload your photo to your profile at siouxsports.. click on your user name.. then on edit my profile.. then click on change my personal photo (under personal profile) browse your computer for the file and then click on update your photo.. the pic will then be uploaded to siouxsports.. right click on the image for its url and you should be good to go.. i have a lot of free time today :)