SiouxSports.com Forum

Vote For Hobey Phase 2

jloos

REA is offering promotional kits for both Parise and Bochenski to get the coaches to vote for them. They are $69.95 each, or $99.99 for both. If the coaches just want to see video highlights, they can pay $29.95 for their dataflix password (which comes with only 5 views). If they complain about the dataflix not working, they will get to see the Concordia game free of charge. :glare:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Bochenski doesn't want UND to do anything? That could be why they haven't done anything.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions about what UND has or has't done with regard to Sioux Hobey candidates. Voters in this part of the world aren't the people who have to be convinced to vote for Bochenski or Parise. That could be why we're not seeing it.

Brandon Bochenski is fifth in Hobey voting currently. How the heck do guys from Michigan Tech and Alabama Huntsville get more votes then he does? Well, ballot box stuffing obviuosly, but honestly, do these people actually think that these guys are having better years then BB? What a travesty, it is a good thing that fan voting only is worth 1% of the voting...

I'd introduce her if I knew her name--"Sex Goddess" would be my guess. I post here not to share ideas or make relevant points (which I rarely do anyway) but to share her immense beauty with one & all ;) .

Telling you all this is going to cause me to take a LOT of CRAP from you all, but I am pretty sure Pheonix's avatar is Rena Mero... aka Sable, a female pro wrestler, valet, "eye candy" from the former WWF. She was the first woman from that company to appear in Playboy, and she sold lots of issues of that magazine...

Go ahead, take your best shots at me now. You all asked who she was... :(:sad:

Conner sharing some spotlight with Bochenski, Parise, et al. ??

Sure, MTU might be politicking a bit regarding Chris Conner and the Hobey during this fan popularity phase of the contest, but not without some justification. Conner is playing on a struggling team, yet recording impressive stats. After a 2g, 1a night (Saturday) against CC, he has 22 goals, including 6 SH's, which I think leads the nation in that category, and is an MTU season record. He may not get the print that your guys do, but he's having a great year and deserves serious consideration as a potential Hobey finalist.

Conner sharing some spotlight with Bochenski, Parise, et al. ??

Sure, MTU might be politicking a bit regarding Chris Conner and the Hobey during this fan popularity phase of the contest, but not without some justification. Conner is playing on a struggling team, yet recording impressive stats. After a 2g, 1a night (Saturday) against CC, he has 22 goals, including 6 SH's, which I think leads the nation in that category, and is an MTU season record. He may not get the print that your guys do, but he's having a great year and deserves serious consideration as a potential Hobey finalist.

Rumor has it that Conner is a very good player on a very bad team, but I can't say because I haven't seen him play this season.

Part of the reason he hasn't gotten a lot of print, besides his affiliation with Tech, is that when he has played on a big stage against great teams this season he has not done well.

In the nine games he has played against four of the top six teams in the pairwise rankings, ND, Mich, Duluth in Minnesota, he only has six points, with five coming against Duluth. During the Friday night UND game he didn't even have a shot on net.

More often than not, great players play well in big games against great opponents. Conner has not yet shown that he can do that.

That being said, I look forward to watching him play at the REA later this season, but hope his lack of offensive production against UND continues.