SiouxSports.com Forum

What a win against EWU would mean

geaux_sioux

I think a win like this would do a lot more for the team as opposed to the fan base...I think the fan base is pretty demoralized right now and other than making the playoffs and going deep its going to be the same ol, same ol...Glad that Hockey is here again to save us from talking about our Football team. Sad comment, but I've heard it quite a bit the last two weeks from many folks. I think it would be a victory if the Sioux can hold EWU to a 2 TDs winning spread...lf they roll up 40 in the first half, you basically will not have anyone at the football games for the rest of the year and only the people out tailgating to get a buzz on....

I'm actually hoping this game isn't even played. I'm praying for a snowstorm, power outage, whatever. Whatever it takes to prevent EWU from showing up in GF on Saturday is fine, short of loss of life.

I don't think I'm overstating things here to say the potential damage this game poses to the program in terms of real dollars lost in fan support, standing among area sports fans, criticism, etc., is significant.

However, to play along, if UND wins, they make a run to the national championship, beating ndsu on the road.

Now I'm off to spend my lottery winnings and spend some time with my lovely wife Kate Upton.

Ha! Awesome post.

I'm actually hoping this game isn't even played. I'm praying for a snowstorm, power outage, whatever. Whatever it takes to prevent EWU from showing up in GF on Saturday is fine, short of loss of life.

I don't think I'm overstating things here to say the potential damage this game poses to the program in terms of real dollars lost in fan support, standing among area sports fans, criticism, etc., is significant.

However, to play along, if UND wins, they make a run to the national championship, beating ndsu on the road.

Now I'm off to spend my lottery winnings and spend some time with my lovely wife Kate Upton.

I think the Red River may go up a foot or two if that happened.

• Upvote 1