SiouxSports.com Forum

Kenny Golladay

UND-FB-FAN

I was high on Golladay since he was recruited, but after recently talking to a former player and hearing what he had to say, I'm even more excited to see him develop the next few years. If he keeps putting in the work and can stay healthy, he can develop into something really special.

I was high on Golladay since he was recruited, but after recently talking to a former player and hearing what he had to say, I'm even more excited to see him develop the next few years. If he keeps putting in the work and can stay healthy, he can develop into something really special.

6'5" 200 lbs, 4.4 40, 58" vertical jump...he's a definite Big Ten talent that slipped under the radar. If he stays healthy and continues to develop, like you said, he's got NFL written all over him

• Upvote 1

6'5" 200 lbs, 4.4 40, 58" vertical jump...he's a definite Big Ten talent that slipped under the radar. If he stays healthy and continues to develop, like you said, he's got NFL written all over him

The 58" isn't his vertical - he just vertically jumped onto a 58" platform. I would assume his actual vertical is somewhere a bit lower than that (say around 35"). I thought his electronically timed 40 was slower than that. However, as you guys have said, he's definitely got potential that hopefully he lives up to.

The 58" isn't his vertical - he just vertically jumped onto a 58" platform. I would assume his actual vertical is somewhere a bit lower than that (say around 35"). I thought his electronically timed 40 was slower than that. However, as you guys have said, he's definitely got potential that hopefully he lives up to.

You're right, his actual vertical is probably around that 35", but for a 6'5" player, that makes for an incredible amount of vertical coverage. The last time I saw was 4.48, which was electronic. He was either the 2nd or 3rd fastest player on the team this spring.

You're right, his actual vertical is probably around that 35", but for a 6'5" player, that makes for an incredible amount of vertical coverage. The last time I saw was 4.48, which was electronic. He was either the 2nd or 3rd fastest player on the team this spring.

Yeah, that is a really good vertical for that size. I guess I thought the electronically timed 40 was in the high 4.5/low 4.6 range. Didn't realize it was that fast :)

Yeah, that is a really good vertical for that size. I guess I thought the electronically timed 40 was in the high 4.5/low 4.6 range. Didn't realize it was that fast :)

A UND electronic timed 40 in the 4.6 range equals a 4.4 at the NFL combine. Hardin ran a 4.59 at testing. Golladay was 2nd fastest to that time. I'm not sure what he ran, but it was very very fast since Shaugabay ran a 4.70 aka a 4.50 to be the 5th fastest. The reason these times are adjusted by .2 sec is because they start at the first instance of a shift in weight not movement and they end with a laser at the finish. The NFL used this method once but the times were so slow that they now use a mix and adjust the times.

Anyway Kenny is something special and I am going to sit back and enjoy watching him make the type of plays that no player at UND has ever made. He'll continue to develop and has a great head on his shoulders. When he's a senior he will be unreal.

I wasn't sure about how impressive a feat this was, but I saw that JJ Watt did a box jump of 59.5 inches, which is very impressive for someone 290 pounds. But what I found interesting is that in the article it talked about a WR for the Seahawks that became a bit of an internet sensation for jumping 56 inches (albeit he is a few inches shorter than KG). So, if the tires are in fact 58 inches for the jump, I'm even more impressed than I already was.

http://sports.yahoo....-005724563.html

I wasn't sure about how impressive a feat this was, but I saw that JJ Watt did a box jump of 59.5 inches, which is very impressive for someone 290 pounds. But what I found interesting is that in the article it talked about a WR for the Seahawks that became a bit of an internet sensation for jumping 56 inches (albeit he is a few inches shorter than KG). So, if the tires are in fact 58 inches for the jump, I'm even more impressed than I already was.

http://sports.yahoo....-005724563.html

Give him a couple more years to add strength and explosiveness and he'll be jumping 60"+