SiouxSports.com Forum

N.D. Girls High School Hockey

Teeder11

It will be growing with West Fargo, Bismarck, and Minot all building new high schools. Those are surging population areas and I can't see those cities keeping just one team per town. The skill is starting to get better all the time as well with a lot of kids from Fargo, West Fargo, Bismarck and Grand Forks sending kids to play college hockey.

• 3 weeks later...

I think one of our loyal posters in the women's hockey threads just got a huge honor very recently from the North Dakota sports writers and sportscasters!

Congrats! :)

Thanks buddy. Did not see that coming. Girls,all 12 of them, deserve the award. When a team works hard for you and buys into that simple theory good things happen. Now that I have hung up the whistle after nearly 30 years of coaching from mites to high school it's time to watch my daughter play college puck at Concordia and my son play high school puck for the Jays.

It will be growing with West Fargo, Bismarck, and Minot all building new high schools. Those are surging population areas and I can't see those cities keeping just one team per town. The skill is starting to get better all the time as well with a lot of kids from Fargo, West Fargo, Bismarck and Grand Forks sending kids to play college hockey.

Jamestown this year is also sending 2 kids to play college puck and in 4 more years there will be 2 more. 2 very good players that will be freshman this fall saw a ton of ice last season and held their own. Only 3 players from now until then will graduate before them. Very young team this year and next.

Bismarck and GF could both field 2 teams right now but in both cities the majority of the girls go to one high school. Would be great to have more then 11 teams in the state where the sport could have a regional before state.

• 3 weeks later...

Jamestown this year is also sending 2 kids to play college puck and in 4 more years there will be 2 more. 2 very good players that will be freshman this fall saw a ton of ice last season and held their own. Only 3 players from now until then will graduate before them. Very young team this year and next.

Bismarck and GF could both field 2 teams right now but in both cities the majority of the girls go to one high school. Would be great to have more then 11 teams in the state where the sport could have a regional before state.

Not to be skeptical, but as someone who grew up and went to school in Jamestown, I've heard that kind of optimism for nearly all of our sports at one time or another....Generally football, boy's basketball, and volleyball, hockey once or twice even. Hope this time it is true. Would be nice for Jamestown to see some quality athletic success for a change.

Not to be skeptical, but as someone who grew up and went to school in Jamestown, I've heard that kind of optimism for nearly all of our sports at one time or another....Generally football, boy's basketball, and volleyball, hockey once or twice even. Hope this time it is true. Would be nice for Jamestown to see some quality athletic success for a change.

I hear ya. I've been here since 1970 and know what you are saying. The girls teams have been doing pretty decent recently but the boys teams not so much. Football.basketball,and soccer will once again be down. Boys hockey can compete in the west but not in the east.

• 3 weeks later...