SiouxSports.com Forum

Poll: Would you be interested in fundraising for new green unis for th

geaux_sioux

31 members have voted

1. 1. New Green Jerseys?

• I am willing to contribute $20 and feel confident in my ability to find at least 10 people who would also be willing to contribute $20
    • I am willing to contribute more than $20 and feel confident I can find at least 10 people who are willing to contribute at least $20
    • I am willing to contribute $20 but am not confident I can find at least 10 people who are willing to contribute $20
    • I am willing to contribute between $20 and $100 and can find 5 others to do the same
    • I am willing to contribute over $100 and can find 5 others to do the same
    • I am willing to contribute over $100 and can find 5 others to contribute at least $20
    • I live outside of UND country and am willing to contribute between 20-100 bucks and won't be able to find anyone else to contribute
    • I live outside of UND country and am willing to contribute over $100 and can't find anyone else to contribute

Oops! Sorry about that, my mistake.

$10k is conceivable but ambitious. It would clearly require going beyond this community, as at $20 a pop you'd need 500 donors. Add in some $100 whales and you're still looking at 20 $100 donors and 400 $20 donors, etc... It either needs some pretty big numbers of people or some pretty big donations.

My point in doing that math, though, was going to be to contrast it with some of the larger ticket ideas being floated. If that's what it takes to raise $10k, raising a significantly larger number simply requires some pretty dig donations; sheer volume of small donations is unlikely to work.

For $10k, though, the "small" donations are clearly quite helpful, but if there were also a way to juice some "big" ones that would go far.

im talking with the alumni association and am trying to set something up through them to really get the ball rolling. Once we have something legit with them more people will jump aboard and I expect to get near the 10k. I'm confident that we will get a significant chunk just from us alone and then throw in the people that we know and we should get close.

• Upvote 2

im talking with the alumni association and am trying to set something up through them to really get the ball rolling. Once we have something legit with them more people will jump aboard and I expect to get near the 10k. I'm confident that we will get a significant chunk just from us alone and then throw in the people that we know and we should get close.

Cool, your ambition and efforts are certainly admirable and appreciated. As I said before, I'm in!

• Upvote 1

As long as there is an online option to specifically donate to this, I'd be able to convince some friends to drop at least $20.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...