SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Sac State (1/24)

SWSiouxMN

Every bad run by us on the road or at home always begins with selfish play. The last 3 games prior to this one I thought we moved the ball around well and found the open man and did not force or take very many bad shots. This game was just the opposite and thus a narrow loss that 2-3 possessions could have made the difference but some players just dont get it and play for themselves and their own points. Unfortunately for the coaches we dont have a bench to sit the players that are doing this. I knew it was going to be bad when Wilmer took the first shot from 18' and missed it. I dont recall him making a jump shot from15-18' all year and yet he still takes them. Our current post players are killing us so bad down low in lack of scoring and when have they ever boxed out. Anderson took some horrible forced shots and in the begginning of the second half Huff did likewise but at least Huff made a nice surge on some wide open three's. Next game check out how many guys are wide open on the wings when Huff and other guards penetrate and in games like this the extra pass is never make. MAKE THE EXTRA PASS PLEASE. No doubt we need this win on Saturday but if the players don't wake up and trust their teamates then it will be the same.

Not going to lie. Zero excuse for last night. I think they played a good 14-16 minutes out of a 40 minute game (10 first half, 4-6 2nd). They should have won this game by at least 10 points. Honestly thought after 22-12, it was going to be blown wide open for us.

While Anderson should get some flack for his play last night, there was a worse offender out there that no one else has discussed last night. For the past few games, I had been singing the praises of Jamal Webb. I thought he was turning the corner and I thought this would be the weekend he would break out and carry this team along with Huff and Anderson. Majorly dissapointed in Webb last night. First off, he did not play his game on the offensive side of the ball. I can count the number of times he actually tried to drive the lane on 1 hand. Both cross court passes he had should have never left his hand. He only took 3 shots, and only 1 of those was a drive. I know you can hits shots Jamal, but go at your bread and butter. Outside of Huff, you are the best drive to the hoop person on the team!!! Use your god given strenghts and drive like you have been the past few games!!!

Basic rebounding fundamentals from our posts were not there last night, and the cardinal sin of basketball was committed TWICE!!!! You NEVER foul someone shooting the 3... EVER!

Turnovers were low, but they should have been lower. Take out the two cross court passes by Webb and the Antwi pass to T'eo girfriend in the corner and its 6.

Regroup and get the win against NAU, then get ready for Weber

Not going to lie. Zero excuse for last night. I think they played a good 14-16 minutes out of a 40 minute game (10 first half, 4-6 2nd). They should have won this game by at least 10 points. Honestly thought after 22-12, it was going to be blown wide open for us.

While Anderson should get some flack for his play last night, there was a worse offender out there that no one else has discussed last night. For the past few games, I had been singing the praises of Jamal Webb. I thought he was turning the corner and I thought this would be the weekend he would break out and carry this team along with Huff and Anderson. Majorly dissapointed in Webb last night. First off, he did not play his game on the offensive side of the ball. I can count the number of times he actually tried to drive the lane on 1 hand. Both cross court passes he had should have never left his hand. He only took 3 shots, and only 1 of those was a drive. I know you can hits shots Jamal, but go at your bread and butter. Outside of Huff, you are the best drive to the hoop person on the team!!! Use your god given strenghts and drive like you have been the past few games!!!

Basic rebounding fundamentals from our posts were not there last night, and the cardinal sin of basketball was committed TWICE!!!! You NEVER foul someone shooting the 3... EVER!

Turnovers were low, but they should have been lower. Take out the two cross court passes by Webb and the Antwi pass to T'eo girfriend in the corner and its 6.

Regroup and get the win against NAU, then get ready for Weber

Pass to Teo's girlfriend, that is classic. Great comment and I got a good laugh out of that one, thanks.