SiouxSports.com Forum

Alaska series signs

YaneA

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't retrieve the Anchorage Daily News article, either, but thanks for posting the snippet regarding the signs.

I think the signs have been a success so far and I want to thank the students who hold them up--Forecheck, RedWing, NorthStar-- as well as the readers of this message board who contribute so many hilarious ideas.

I also want to thank the students for their energy, without which the Ralph would be a mausoleum. I swear the people on my side of the rink are only one breath away from an autopsy. Right before Fylling's tying goal Saturday night, the Dak and the Ring displayed the "Make Some Noise" directive, "Welcome to the Jungle" was blasting, the students were going nuts, I was on my feet screaming and I looked around and I was the only one standing in sections 113-116. Most of them didn't get on their feet until Q's goal. Lame.

Everyone noticed how Coach Hill did not start Fournier. I think it's because Fournier wouldn't be able to withstand all the booing and would have to leave the game due to intense crying.

All my signs were on the jumbotron yesterday! Woohoo!.

I like the sign with chris and the Grimice character, very funny.

It seems like Chris is a little bit of a whiner/cry baby type kid. Maybe a prima donna. Maybe its better he wasn't here...

It seems like Chris is a little bit of a whiner/cry baby type kid. Maybe a prima donna. Maybe its better he wasn't here...

Katie O'Keefe was telling me how funny the signs and costumes were between periods, and I told her I didn't know if the rumors were exactly true or not. She said they most definitely were, and from what she told me, I'm glad he isn't around with his piss poor attitude anymore.

Katie O'Keefe was telling me how funny the signs and costumes were between periods, and I told her I didn't know if the rumors were exactly true or not. She said they most definitely were, and from what she told me, I'm glad he isn't around with his piss poor attitude anymore.

That was what I was figuring, it sounds like some of the players basically ran him out of town because of his lack of training and heart during the off season. Just think we got Mike P instead of Chris, I think it is a nice trade off...

Looked to me that Fournier needs a different color. He looked rather squat in the UAA garb. Whoops, that's right, he's rather squat in any attire :ohmy:

I had forgotten how small he was, I think the word timid would be another word I would use for him. I cant remember what game it was, I think it was last night Chris skated by Green and when he was about to be checked he ducked away from Matt. Chris looked like a scared rabbit. Of course I think I might avoid Matt Green on the ice too...

Is there a reason why they don't allow signs? Talk about spoil sports. What a bunch of no fun dinks. :ohmy:

I think the "official" reason is to not obstruct other fan's view...personally I'd like to see some fun antics allowed, but the U has gotten so PC it is pathetic.

WPoS