SiouxSports.com Forum

Lineup Decisions

jk

We need to remember that it was just Findlay and Wayne State, but the play of the fourth line all weekend made the coaching staff's decisions tougher down the stretch, when the roster is complete.

It looks like ten forward spots are locked up (by class):

Lundbohm

Bochenski

McMahon

Genoway

Fylling

Parise

Prpich

Murray

Stafford

Porter

That leaves only two spots for these six players:

Hale

Palmiscno

Canady

Massen

Marvin

Fabian

Blais praised Canady and Massen in particular after Saturday's game, then noted the fine play of the Hale/Palmo/Marvin line Sunday. I personally don't know what lineup I think is best. I'm guessing Hale and Massen basically have the spots to lose, with Canady and Palmiscno next in line, and Marvin and Fabian perhaps next. After their play last weekend, though, it's tough to say.

By the way, I don't know if anyone caught Fabian's intermission interview Sunday, but he came across as very mature and confident.

Anyone thoughts on how it will shake out?

If those 6 guys you mentiond can be rotated and produce when it is their turn to play... we are sitting pretty good. Now, by "rotated", I mean that if a guy has a questionable game/couple days of practice, put one of the other guys in his spot and hope for the best. Or if someone gets dinged up, same thing. This is a DEEP team, and as long as everyone produces when they get their chance, the team should do quite well.