SiouxSports.com Forum

The Sioux finally have the "X" factor in a goalie!

bigskyvikes

this has more to do than with what happened last night. look over the last few weeks, look at the types of goals he/they have allowed an x factor goalie doesn't let those types in game, after game.

Your right, the Sioux suck, put the sticks away, oh and give the rodents the hardware also, God knows it ends and titles are won in January, aren't they?

Your right, the Sioux suck, put the sticks away, oh and give the rodents the hardware also, God knows it ends and titles are won in January, aren't they?

IMHO UND is not very good right now since they came back from break. you are right in that titles aren't won in january, but they can be lost. anything short of a win tonight and for all intense and purposes we don't win the cup.

I agree I think both goalies have been shaky at times this season. With that said I do believe we have a couple strong goaltenders with potential. There's been a number of times this season our defense have been standing around not getting to pucks it was very evident in the CC series. If the play of our defense tightens up I think you'll see our goaltending follow.

• 4 weeks later...

This is what you get for making an assessment in early season. Saunders is very inconsistent and Gothberg is the same. I have a feeling the big stage is affecting him. Yes he didn't lose 8 in a row, but that was then, what is he going to give us now that we are in the grind? I am thinking we are going to be like a yo yo, up and down.

Hmmmmmmmmm?

Just like I have been saying! Every weekend it gets a little more reinforement to be proven correct!

Saunders is the missing link for the last 7-10 years with all these stellar teams Hak and crew has put together, but that, in your face, stand on your head, SHUT YOU DOWN goalie has been missing. Even though the goalies the Sioux have had are truely good goalies, they werent the "X" factor type goalie........like , UMD, The beavs, Michigan, etc.............had for big wins.

Now the Sioux have theirs, it is going to be a good season!

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!!!

HMMMMMMM? As I recall skippy, the X was Saunders and now it is Gothbergs game to lose. Before you call me out, look at yourself, your X has been benched. I will gladly eat the YO YO if Gothberg is the goalie from 3 games back to the end.

I agree with this, but I also agree with the idea of what would have happened last Saturday if Saunders would have played? Even though I would not put the loss on Gothberg, but that shut down type goalie might have helped during the defensive melt down! Never will know I guess! Just can't help but be super jacked about Saunders!

I also believe we will be having discussions like this in a couple years when Gothberg is the main stud, with hopefully a back up goalie like now!

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!!

Hmmmmm, does this say anything about Saunders AND Gothberg "skippy"?

• 1 month later...