SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA Championship photos are up

johndahl

Is anyone else tired of the on site announcer "Rusty" making sometimes subtle and sometimes not so subtle digs around North Dakota and Grand Forks. It seems he can never go through an interview without making some snide reference to his opinion that Grand Forks is hicksville.

For those who have never been to a Final Five "Rusty" is a guy who runs around the crowd and does interviews for the big screen - most of which pit someone from one school against someone from another school. Then during the interview it becomes obvious he is fan of the rodents and thinks any town outside of the Twin Cities is a place to be made fun of. It's obvious he has a big of an opinion of himself.

• Upvote 1

Is anyone else tired of the on site announcer "Rusty" making sometimes subtle and sometimes not so subtle digs around North Dakota and Grand Forks. It seems he can never go through an interview without making some snide reference to his opinion that Grand Forks is hicksville.

For those who have never been to a Final Five "Rusty" is a guy who runs around the crowd and does interviews for the big screen - most of which pit someone from one school against someone from another school. Then during the interview it becomes obvious he is fan of the rodents and thinks any town outside of the Twin Cities is a place to be made fun of. It's obvious he has a big of an opinion of himself.

you mean seacrest?

Can't stand Rusty Seacrest. He should really learn to play to the home crowd (UND) at the X.

His name is Rusty Kath, he does the PA for the Tampa Bay Rays and MN Wild. I don't think he does that bad of a job. Yes, some of his comments are annoying but he usually takes shots at anyone. I remember last year these drunk Gopher fans were interrupting his conversation with a kid and he called them out during the live broadcast (kind of funny).

I was extremely instrumental in getting the "Ryan Seacrest" cheer started last year before the UND-CC game. He got red in the face and took another jab (which he has taken many over the years) at Sioux fans. I talked to him when he was walking by and told him it was just all fun and games and he gave me a nasty look and wouldn't give me the time of day.

Guy is a prick. Won't miss him when the final five is gone.