SiouxSports.com Forum

MSN Home Page Popular Vote for Fighting Sioux Nickname

GO_FIGHTING_SIOUX_GO

Maybe we can send this scientific poll to the NC$$ ... that'll show 'em. It will be really "bad publicity" too if they disregard "the will of the people". They'll probably back down by oh, noon or so.

Did you quote that from Al Carlson?

What bothers me the most about these national media stories is that they always refer to petitioners as "nickname supporters" when they are in reality representing the official wishes of the Spirit Lake nation. The press makes it sound like there's a bunch of evil, racist white people breathing life into this controversy. I'm not saying I'm for or against the logo just that the media never accurately portrays the situation.

What bothers me the most about these national media stories is that they always refer to petitioners as "nickname supporters" when they are in reality representing the official wishes of the Spirit Lake nation. The press makes it sound like there's a bunch of evil, racist white people breathing life into this controversy. I'm not saying I'm for or against the logo just that the media never accurately portrays the situation.

At the same time they represent everybody who thinks the nickname should go as people who think it's racist.

At the same time they represent everybody who thinks the nickname should go as people who think it's racist.

That's ridiculous. They are representing the the wishes of the majority of the people of Spirit Lake. We can talk racial equality all day long, the point is that we would have allready moved away from this controversy if it wasn't for the direct actions of the Spirit Lake government which was elected by the people to represent the people.