SiouxSports.com Forum

State B in Grand Forks

the green team

Haha! When I was in school, we went to State Class B. We eventually lost in the championship game. Another town was so mad for us that they wanted to throw snowballs at the other teams bus.

North Dakotan's all have ties to small towns in that state. I have my favorites in the tourney and I haven't lived there for about 28 years. My favorites are all based on friends/family and region of the state.

To be honest, I don't understand why it isn't played in Bismarck and why it isn't the last winter sports tourney of the season.

I'm too old school sometimes...

I agree with you. The Boy's Class B should be in Bismarck. Unfortunately, it won't be for the forseeable future. They switched the Girls' and Boys' seasons because the start of the Girls' season was too close to the end of volleyball. The problem was this put the Boys' state tournament the same week as the Class A regionals. The Civic Center will not give up the WDA; hence, they won't even bid on the Boy's B tourney.

I agree with you. The Boy's Class B should be in Bismarck. Unfortunately, it won't be for the forseeable future. They switched the Girls' and Boys' seasons because the start of the Girls' season was too close to the end of volleyball. The problem was this put the Boys' state tournament the same week as the Class A regionals. The Civic Center will not give up the WDA; hence, they won't even bid on the Boy's B tourney.

Going to be tough to get the tournament back to Minot too since there is just no place to stay.