SiouxSports.com Forum

INTANGIBLES

fightin'su

Just got done watching Huntsville, AL local sports. The two players suspended are Mooneyham and Glenn. Supposedly Mooneyham is their leading receiver (according to the broadcast, I've no idea whether this is true). Glenn appears according to the UNA athletic site roster to be a strong safety. They also said 12 players were tested, which does not square with the 6 previously reported.

Just got done watching Huntsville, AL local sports. The two players suspended are Mooneyham and Glenn. Supposedly Mooneyham is their leading receiver (according to the broadcast, I've no idea whether this is true). Glenn appears according to the UNA athletic site roster to be a strong safety. They also said 12 players were tested, which does not square with the 6 previously reported.

How good is the Mooneyham compared to the other receivers?

This whole situation is really dissapointing, because now this particular game is marred. And if he is a top flight or one of the best recievers, it makes you wonder how UNA's record might have looked without him all year. Assuming he's been using since the beginning. I'm speculating here and am looking for some UNA insight since I don't know a whole lot about your team. This does cast an ugly shadow on this game.

So late in the week for suspensions to happen as well. Will this affect UNA's psyche?

David Mooneyham IS our top receiver. He leads the team with receptions and yardage, with 51 catches for 779 yards, an average of 59.9 per game. So, that hurts. Fortunately, we got Taris Birt back last week, a receiver who has missed a lot of action this season due to injury. But still, losing Mooneyham hurts. Enough to affect the outcome? I doubt it, as long as one of our other receivers step up. We have plenty to pick up the slack.

As for Nick Glenn, I don't know much about him. A backup at the safety position whose name I haven't heard called much this season. He's played in nine games, and has been a part of fourteen tackles. This certainly doesn't affect us as much as losing Mooneyham.

I'm ashamed of this situation, if nothing else for the bad press we are receiving. I wouldn't automatically assume these guys are on cocaine, or pot, or steroids, anything like that. The University of Alabama had a defensive end suspended for the ENTIRE SEASON for using a legal, over-the-counter dietary supplement as part of his offseason conditioning program. He lost a year of eligibility, and could not redshirt. How's that for a slap in the face?

I'm not making excuses for the players that got busted. If they were doing something illegal, they should be thrown off the team for good. I'm just trying to point out that the NCAA is NOT a fair institution when it comes to many things, their drug testing policy included.

They're just here because I FLAMED them bigtime on www.al.com/una Feel free to add you comments...THERE

If you are trying to say that I am on this forum because of something you said on al.com, you are dead wrong. I do not read those boards, they are populated by thirteen year old children who like to involve themselves in flame wars and making immature posts. If I were you, I'd try to distance myself from that board and from flaming ANYBODY. It doesn't make you look very mature.

Just twelve and a half hours away!

Good luck Sioux! Go Lions!!!

Chris H. in Florence, AL

Thanks again Chris. You're a class act.

I guess I was thinking the worst as far as steriods. Hopefully we'll know more in the near future. It probably was something minor like a painkiller. Good passing teams don't need to rely on one guy and that's why I don't think it should affect your offense to much. A slow start will probably be the worst of it.

I have to take a four hour California teacher's exam tomorrow, so I'll miss the first half of the game at least. Of course the ending is all you really need to listen to when it comes to Sioux football games. :silly:

Appreciate the compliment. Just doing what I can, man.

I know how you feel about missing part of the game tomorrow. I have to work :silly: . Fortunately, I'll be able to listen to most of it on the radio, and will probably try to watch an hour of it on TV during my lunch break. Just hate that I can't sit at home on my lazy a$$ and watch all of it! :(

This might be my last post before the game, so once again, good luck guys. May the best team win. If y'all win tomorrow, I'll be sure to come here and congratulate you as soon as I can, and if you have any questions about the Shoals area, I will be glad to help out.

Good luck Sioux! Go Lions!!!

Chris H. in Florence, AL

I second that.

This might be my last post before the game, so once again, good luck guys. May the best team win. If y'all win tomorrow, I'll be sure to come here and congratulate you as soon as I can, and if you have any questions about the Shoals area, I will be glad to help out.

Feel free to come back, win or lose. You're a good egg.

The situation does look bad, but at UND 5 years ago or so a starting strong safty had to sit a year for a similar situation. Dan Lawson was using a suppliment from GNC and it caused him to fail a drug test. It is not an excuse, but I am pretty sure he figured if he could buy it at GNC it would not contain a banned substance.

I'm not fitness or nutritional guru, but what goes in my body of that supplement nature is pretty important. I would think he would have READ THE LABEL! :silly: