SiouxSports.com Forum

Downtown Horns - nominated for offical dance band of UND

CMSioux

Had the pleasure of hearing Sioux Sport's own Dave Berger and the Downtown Horns Band at the homecoming gathering Friday night. Wow - a realllly great cover band. I nominate them as the official dance band of UND - I suppose the UND marching band has to be the official band.

Dave you are very talented and we are sure glad you take the time to do all you do for keeping Sioux fans connected. I think you should keep a thread active that lists where the Downtown Horns will be playing.

Thank you for the kind words! It's always interesting when my hockey life and music life intersect....

Here's the Downtown Horns public show schedule for the rest of 2011:

Friday, October 28 El Roco 9 pm - 1 am

Saturday, October 29 Muddy Rivers 9 pm - 1 am

Saturday, November 5 Alerus Center concourse (UND football pre-game and halftime)

Friday, November 11 Long Haul 9 pm - 1 am

Saturday, November 19 Alerus Center tailgating lot (UND football pre-game)

Friday, December 9 El Roco 9 pm - 1 am

Saturday, December 31 Muddy Rivers 9 pm - 1 am

Hope to see you there! :)

Dave

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Downtown Horns touts a mix of musical influence and background

One of the keys to the band’s success, said Jensen and others band members, is its lead vocalist Dave Berger.

“That man has more energy,” Jensen said. “He’s the premiere frontman and keeps the party going. That’s what makes us a great wedding band.”

As far as having a lot of energy on stage, Berger says: “I think I’ve always been accused of being energetic.” Performing can be exhausting, he concedes.

“There are demands that the show will put on the person,” Berger said. “But it also gives me energy. It empties you out and fills you up again.”

And then he comes home and writes articles about UND hockey.