SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Hockey on VERSUS

GFG

From the sounds of the posters here there are literally millions of people watching UND hockey on TV. So it makes me wonder why can't FSSN pony up and buy a couple of HD camera's. Or heck, buy a couple of iPhone 4s's.

Also, invest in a powerplay clock, stop making us guess at the time.

These are exactly the things I'm referring to. I mean if you have "the greatest fans" (they don't) then wouldn't you want to provide the greatest opportunity to watch?

I guess I had better qualify my previous post. I don't really expect the coverage to be better than F$N. Grand Forks is about a 45,000 people town whereas MP/SP area is what....1 million (I really am not sure). I know, the whole state of ND is probably Sioux hockey, but that's b still only about 600.000 people...smaller than the metro area of MP/SP. Point being-more resources because of numbers of viewers which equals much more money. F$N SHOULD be able to produce a better production than WDAZ produced FSSN. But, boy, do I ever appreciate FSSN!!! I am 60 years old and have been a fan of Sioux hockey for at least 40 of those years. I can't make it in person to a lot of games, but I don't miss many on the tube. I remember in 1986-1987 with the wonderful team the Sioux had, there were only about 7 games on TV! Now there's 20+! This has been wonderful the last 10 years or so that there has been a FSSN. I will never speak negatively about it.

Pat Sweeney is alright at football i think but in the faster paced sports he gets behind a bit.

They are a lot less homers then mazzocco and woog were tho u have got to give them that

It has nothing to do with homerism, it has more to do with sweeney commenting on a play without know who the player is, and then 2 minutes later mentioning which player or # it was. I realize it is just a simple mistake, but guys like Clay Matvick seem to be really good at this

It has nothing to do with homerism, it has more to do with sweeney commenting on a play without know who the player is, and then 2 minutes later mentioning which player or # it was. I realize it is just a simple mistake, but guys like Clay Matvick seem to be really good at this

Isn't he relatively new?

FSN reaches a potential of 3.0 million households. I'm not sure is Sconny is force-fed Gopher games or not via FSN. Sconny used to have their games on FSN WI, but couldn't make a go of it (lack of revenue/support).

FSSN potentially reaches 0.6 million households. Part of me is happy just to have the games on TV, but being "in this day and age" and with the jump to the NCHC, I would expect the broadcast quality and availability to follow suit. BSU's broadcast on Lakeland TV is in HD - and has a penalty clock . . .

Really? I suppose UND sets the standard for high level athletic programs?

Honest to God, UND and NDSU are much closer to your athletic program than you will give us credit for. The U of MN-Twin Cities is the laughing stock of the Big Ten, and it isn't even close. If you can't admit that, you are a homer.

Honest to God, UND and NDSU are much closer to your athletic program than you will give us credit for. The U of MN-Twin Cities is the laughing stock of the Big Ten, and it isn't even close. If you can't admit that, you are a homer.

In the Big Ten Football the Goofs are the laughing stock, they're are just getting decent in Basketball again. They aren't too bad in Baseball.

Or that he hasn't sobered up yet. :)