SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux on Satellite

PSB

I have the Satwork ST3618, LNBF ASC321, but am now using a 1.2 meter dish instead of my original 76 cm dish.

I have the LNBF ASC321, are there better LNB's that would help increase signal strength? :silly:

I had a signal quality that varied from 39 to 43, signal intensity at 76, was able to watch the entire game with no problems. :angry:

Had higher signal quality strength the last weekend they televised. I suspected last night, that anyone who had a smaller dish would have problems.

The Chinese stations are coming in at a steady signal quality of 90, don't know if will go higher than 90 on the Satwork ST3618.

There are Ultra low noise LNBF available (0.3db) expect to pay around $75 shipped.

A bigger dish will help.

Signals up, very poor!

39% quality Satwork 3618 and DirecPC dish. OK

50% quality Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra with 90cm dish. OK

The small dishes are NOT going to work reliably this year. The Ralph satelite guy sent me this:

"After looking into this problem and what is different from last year I

did see one huge difference. Last year on the adjacent satellites

(Ones just to the Left & Right) there was not any traffic in the space

that was used by UND. This year there are two full time signals on

both adjacent satellites on the same frequency as what UND uses. This

will make a huge difference on smaller dishes as they have very poor

adjacent satellite rejection characteristics."

If you don't want to be disappointed, get a larger dish for the games. There is no problem with the power from REA.

The small dishes are NOT going to work reliably this year.  The Ralph satelite guy sent me this:

"After looking into this problem and what is different from last year I

did see one huge difference.  Last year on the adjacent satellites

(Ones just to the Left & Right) there was not any traffic in the space

that was used by UND.  This year there are two full time signals on

both adjacent satellites on the same frequency as what UND uses.  This

will make a huge difference on smaller dishes as they have very poor

adjacent satellite rejection characteristics."

If you don't want to be disappointed, get a larger dish for the games.  There is no problem with the power from REA.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that it is highly likely that the reason given above is BS, but I'm willing to let those more knowledgeable about these issues make the definitive determination. Psb, Iceberg?

Sorry for the off topic, but with these systems (FTA) you can pick up all these channels, http://www.bealenet.com/~jimsat/free_chanel_listing.htm? ESPN2, TechTV, Playboy TV :glare: , why would anyone pay for cable.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Since the link you provided is over a year old, I'll dismiss it

No you cannot pick up those channels you listed. The only way is if you pirate the box, and that is illegal.

and we dont play by those rules here.

Sorry for the off topic, but with these systems (FTA) you can pick up all these channels, http://www.bealenet.com/~jimsat/free_chanel_listing.htm? ESPN2, TechTV, Playboy TV :glare: , why would anyone pay for cable.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

not off topic at all, it makes sense that if you're going to invest this much cash into satellite why not make the most of it, one reason I'm looking at a larger dish with a motor so I can actually get more channels and use out of the system.

As long as REA keeps broadcasting the games FTA I'll do what I can to pick them up, though it's a shame about the sioux shop charging so damn much for a $160 system that really didn't take bandwidth sharing limitations into consideration.

A 48" dish should really help, they are costly but I can get them also, the problem is the shipping they are oversized items and cost a lot to ship!

Next best thing you can do is get a better (low noise) LNBF, I recommend a 90cm dish and the SNH 031 (0.3db) LNBF its the most bang for the buck that I know of but as Iceberg said it should not be this way!

I have been saved by the DirecPC dish I have a few times this year. (still got two left)

There is so much more to see when you add a motor to a FTA system, for example all the hockey over the holidays was FTA, networks from all different areas, sports and news feeds, if you cant get the Sioux game you can usually get a game from another region! Say no more!

Go Sioux!

Hope everyone is having a great New Year. I want to appologize for the satellite reception of the FSSN at the Joe Sensers locations in Roseville & Eagan. But as the story goes everyone is having problems.

Today I added to my dish inventory, I added a 12 ft dish to lock in the FSSN for the remainder of the season. The signal has been great at our Bloomington location with the 1.8 meter.

So in conclusion. Joe Sensers in Bloomington & Roseville should have no problem receiving the remainder of the games. I'm working on adding another 12 ft dish at my Eagan location. Keep the faith. Thanks for coming out and watching the games at Sensers.

Go Sioux

I heard back from the REA about them not selling the satellites any more...they said there was nothing wrong with them but they were dropping them for other reasons.?. Jamie from the Ralph sent me this message when I asked about obtaining a system...

"You can contact sky vision in Fergus falls MN, they sell the systems also...

ask for a larger style dish... 100cm or bigger.."

So it appears that there were probably many complaints or issues with the smaller dishes this year (really?) and they were tired of the headache so they dropped them...Just one man's opinion...