SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux on Satellite

PSB

Has anybody else's reception gone to the crapper. I had 36% with good picture until the dropped the puck. Now it's down to 31% and unwatchable. I have a Satwork 3618 installed by Psb.

I have had success with all the football games, but terrible luck for hockey. Is it time to invest in another system?

At least the audio through the internet is working tonight.

Same exact, crappy reception here.  It cuts in and out.  Frustrating!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

glad it's not just me, I was going to go up and juggle my dish a bit.

Pete, I have a 1 meter dish, would I get better reception if I moved my LNB to my old DirecPc dish? it's one of those oval/oblong monsters.

Pete, I have a 1 meter dish, would I get better reception if I moved my LNB to my old DirecPc dish? it's one of those oval/oblong monsters.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hell no! Don't touch it, no!! What do you think you know what you're doing or something??! ;) You must have about 50 feet of snow up there by now!

Hell no! Don't touch it, no!! What do you think you know what you're doing or something??! ;) You must have about 50 feet of snow up there by now!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no, only about a foot so far, been cold as hell though, that's what the hot tub is for, to keep us warm.

The bigger the dish the better also the lower noise ratio of the LNB the better!

I would stick with the 1m dish, I have a solid signal now on the DirecPC dish, but its not good enough. If it started to rain right now even I would start to have trouble, I have two more DirecPC dish here if any one has had enough, its not the cure but it certainly helps.

I also now have all but given up on Satworks and I use Fortec Star with a 90cm dish and universal LNB and its not the answer but with the signals being so low all we can do is go bigger with the dish and a better LNB!

Had PSB out last week. My dish is as peaked as it can get. Maxing out at 50 quality, which means no picture. Football game last Saturday-55. No 'rolling tire' commercial tonight :huh: . I am going up to GF in a couple of weeks. I WAS going to do my X-mas shopping there, but I can't remember the names of the businesses that support Sioux hockey. If I could only get a signal...... ;)

I just got my system up and running at the end of the 1st period, with alot of help and e-mail communications from PSB. Its a satwork 3688 I got from PSB and an old primestar dish. Nothing fancy. I only live about 100 miles SW of GF but I am having quality in the low 70's. It is working excellent. Big Thank yous to PSB!!!!

I talked to master control at the ralph and they don't even know how much power they are sending up to the satellite.

this sucks

wonder how bad it will be for the FB game tomorrow?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haven't all the issues been with telecasts originating from the REA?

I talked to master control at the ralph and they don't even know how much power they are sending up to the satellite.

this sucks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I feel sorry for the families that get all excited and puts on their Sioux gear and drive to watch the games at a restaurant/bar yet get nothing.

this sucks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I watched the game at Eagan Sensers and the game came in great all night. Might be the place to watch the football game tomorrow.