SiouxSports.com Forum

Thanks, Ryan

jk

Ryan Bayda, thanks for your great contributions to the Sioux's success from 1999-2001, and for helping to teach the new guys what Sioux hockey is all about.  You will be missed.  Good luck.

For that matter, thanks also to Chad Mazurak, Aaron Schneekloth, Tim Skarperud and Andy Kollar, who all played significant roles in the Sioux competing for the national title in two consecutive years.  Things didn't end the way everyone would have liked, but I'll remember the contributions during the great years.

I think my 2 favorite Bayda memories are:

1.  Final Five playoffs his freshman year.  I think the Sioux were playing WI and Bayda creamed a WI guy behind their goal in the first shift of the game.  Just laid into the guy.  Set the tone for the whole game.

2.  OT loss to the gophers, first round of the play-offs 2002.  Bayda steals a pass from Pohl? and breaks in on Hauser all alone.  It was almost in slow motion.  You could read the determination in Bayda's body language as he crossed center ice and you knew he would score.  Bayda deeks once and 5-holes Hauser to tie the game 2-2.

I believe that the amount is just over 1.5 mil - also the Herald states that Chad Mazurak signed with the Roanoke Express of the East Coast Hockey League.

That is a lot of CHA-CHING if you know what I mean, I am sure most of us would have a hard time turning that down.

Bayda was one of my favorite all-time players at UND.  He was the perfect compliment to the high-flying top lines of the Sioux in the two seasons prior to this.

The guy has excellent timing and perception of plays as they develop.  I'm sure he will do will in the pros.  Not to mention the fact that he'll earn a lifetime's salary in a few short years!

Good luck, Ryan.