SiouxSports.com Forum

Dakota

Fetch

So if worse came to worse & say we changed our name to Fighting Dakota & the ncaa decided that was not ok - does that mean all North & South Dakota schools would be breaking the ncaa's stupid rules :silly: I only bring this up to show the absurdity of the ncaa's thinking & how they are insulting two States proud names :glare:

With a possible consitutional challenge - I'm serious - how far Fetched (no pun) is it that schools could not play us because of the name Sioux or we can be sanctioned or even have increased sanctions - but couldn't the ncaa or other schools say the same thing about playing the (any name) University of North Dakota or South Dakota or North Dakota State University, because of the Dakota in our name

Dakota isn't much different than Lakota or Nakota -- it was the chosen name of some branches of Sioux

So if any school has anything that says Dakota in it's name - it could be held to the same type of sanctions by the ncaa - plus countless other Native names that are part of the names of so many places

I wish this could some how end up going all the way to the Supreme Court

Maybe if it's not just UND who is getting picked on (enter other legal word) by PC bullies - things would change

With a possible consitutional challenge - I'm serious - how far Fetched (no pun) is it that schools could not play us because of the name Sioux or we can be sanctioned or even increased sanctions - but couldn't the ncaa or other schools say the same thing about playing the (any name) University of North Dakota or South Dakota or North Dakota State University because of the Dakota in our name

Dakota isn't much different than Lakota or Nakota -- it was the chosen name of some branches of Sioux

So if any school has anything that says Dakota in it name could be held to the same type of sanctions by the ncaa - plus countless other Native names that are part of the names of so many places

I wish this could some how end up going all the way to the Supreme Court

Maybe if it's not just UND who is getting pick on by PC bullies things would change

Like Oklahoma, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, basically most states are from Indian names.