SiouxSports.com Forum

Nickname for the 5 freshmen

sioux2013

Since its the off season and Im getting bored I thought it would be time to give these 5 freshmen a nickname. Its still hard to believe that these 5 led us to 19 wins when four of them were starters for most of the year. UND's freshmen were the highest scoring freshmen class as a percentage of team points in the entire nation for D1 basketball. Recap, Huff was named on the freshmen all-american team for mid-major schools and is the all-time leading scorer for a freshmen in UND history. Webb is ranked 8th all-time for freshmen scoring and played the most minutes on the team this year. Schuler is ranked 10th all-time for freshmen scoring and played the second most minutes of anyone on the team and had a 2-1 assist to turnover ratio(best on the team). Brekke started most of the year and was a force in the middle during the middle of the season. Anderson played a key back-up role and was the leader in free throws made and free throw percentage. Also, the freshmen were 4 of our 5 top scorers for the team this season and they led us to a conference tournament championship in their first year (1st d1 title ever). So what can a nickname be? I say the SIOUX 5. Whats your thoughts?

Since its the off season and Im getting bored I thought it would be time to give these 5 freshmen a nickname. Its still hard to believe that these 5 led us to 19 wins when four of them were starters for most of the year. UND's freshmen were the highest scoring freshmen class as a percentage of team points in the entire nation for D1 basketball. Recap, Huff was named on the freshmen all-american team for mid-major schools and is the all-time leading scorer for a freshmen in UND history. Webb is ranked 8th all-time for freshmen scoring and played the most minutes on the team this year. Schuler is ranked 10th all-time for freshmen scoring and played the second most minutes of anyone on the team and had a 2-1 assist to turnover ratio(best on the team). Brekke started most of the year and was a force in the middle during the middle of the season. Anderson played a key back-up role and was the leader in free throws made and free throw percentage. Also, the freshmen were 4 of our 5 top scorers for the team this season and they led us to a conference tournament championship in their first year (1st d1 title ever). So what can a nickname be? I say the SIOUX 5. Whats your thoughts?

I have a name for them: "THE RESCUERS"

They are bringing this program back. Thanks guys!

SIOUXper 5 :)

• Upvote 1

They sure were above five hundred, with a few games against non DI team and playing in the worst (second by NCAA ratings) conference in the nation. Don't get me wrong they have made progress and these are good kids, but a nickname, and the reason they set so many und freshman records shows what the state of recruiting and the program was the previous years. Finally he might build a program . We will see if after four yrs and playing in the big sky their career record is above .500 I hope it is but still alot of work to do.

• 3 months later...

Hey all, wrote an article on the 5... http://www.bigskybball.com/2011/07/north-dakotas-five-member-class-of-2014.html ... they are certainly an exciting class, it will be fun to watch them grow. And I am glad we will have some games against Big Sky competition this year (Montana, Idaho St, Sacramento St) so they can see where they stack up, and how hard they are going to have to work to compete in the Big Sky. Love that job of scheduling that Faison/Jones have done.

Is the season here yet! Can't remember this much excitement for Sioux Basketball in a while, thanks to these guys!

• Upvote 2

Hey all, wrote an article on the 5... http://www.bigskybball.com/2011/07/north-dakotas-five-member-class-of-2014.html ... they are certainly an exciting class, it will be fun to watch them grow. And I am glad we will have some games against Big Sky competition this year (Montana, Idaho St, Sacramento St) so they can see where they stack up, and how hard they are going to have to work to compete in the Big Sky. Love that job of scheduling that Faison/Jones have done.

Is the season here yet! Can't remember this much excitement for Sioux Basketball in a while, thanks to these guys!

Nice story. Ii is nice to see the BB team get some "ink".