SiouxSports.com Forum

What team# are the Sioux

ringneck28

I am wondering if anyone knows if this is based on seed or can it be different? The reason being, I came across a site that had the NCAA manual on it and if the Sioux is team 1 they have the west bench or the other bench from the final five.

well... we're the number 1 seed. We should get the home team's bench, so I say we should have the same bench we had at the Final Five. But I'm just guessing here. But that's what common sense would say I think.

well... we're the number 1 seed. We should get the home team's bench, so I say we should have the same bench we had at the Final Five. But I'm just guessing here. But that's what common sense would say I think.

I know this would be common sense, but if they go by seeding and we are team 1 then we have the west bench. I was a little bored this afternoon and ran across the NCAA team guide and it stated that team 1 and 3 have west(other bench from final five) and team 2 and 4 will have the east(the one sioux used for final five). But this also gives us the largest lockeroom. Now this means I get to see the net the sioux are shooting at only 1 time. :sad:

I guess I would assume the team numbers would be designated based on the placing of the top four seeds in the regionals. Therefore:

1 = Yale Regional

2 = UND Regional

3 = BC Regional

4 = Miami Regional

That's also how the original bracket is structured: 1 plays 4, 2 plays 3.

I know this would be common sense, but if they go by seeding and we are team 1 then we have the west bench. I was a little bored this afternoon and ran across the NCAA team guide and it stated that team 1 and 3 have west(other bench from final five) and team 2 and 4 will have the east(the one sioux used for final five). But this also gives us the largest lockeroom. Now this means I get to see the net the sioux are shooting at only 1 time. :sad:

I know that UND allotted tickets are in section 106 at the X. I would hope that the fans of the number 1 seed would get to see their team attack twice. The Wild attack the side section 106 is on twice. So hopefully UND has the same bench as the Wild.

Edited by engelbunny

This is from the 2011 NCAA manual for the Men's Ice Hockey Championship, regarding tickets:

Location. The No. 1 and No. 2 seeds should be assigned to the two corners opposite the team benches. When referencing a seating diagram, the No. 1 seed should be assigned to the upper right corner and the No. 2 seed should be assigned to the upper left corner. The No. 3 and No. 4 seeds should be assigned to the two corners on the same side of the arena as the team benches. The No. 3 seed should be assigned to the lower right corner and the No. 4 seed should be assigned to the lower left corner. For the semifinals, this will allow for the two teams facing each other to be assigned to opposite corners of the facility.

I know that UND tickets are in section 106 at the X. That means UND, as the number 1 seed, will have the bench opposite of section 106. I believe that section 106 is on the West side near gate 2. This means UND would have the opposite, or east, bench. I know that the Wild shoot twice at the end where section 106 is located. I believe UND will be shooting twice at the west end of the arena as well.

If this information is right then this would mean that they chose to give up team 1 designation, but would be going with the locker room that has given them the good luck in the final fives. Plus that means that they would be shooting at section 213(my section) twice. :D I hope you are right.

If this information is right then this would mean that they chose to give up team 1 designation, but would be going with the locker room that has given them the good luck in the final fives. Plus that means that they would be shooting at section 213(my section) twice. :D I hope you are right.

I edited my original post as at first I read to much into the NCAA manual language. It is simply stating that the fans of the 1 & 2 seeds will be in the corners of the arena opposite the benches and the 3 & 4's on the same side. So that in the semi-finals when 1 plays 4 (and 2 plays 3) the fans will be at a diagonal from each other. It really says nothing about team fans in relation to which end their team attacks twice.

I am hopeful that the #1 seed would attack the same end as is traditional in the arena. That would be the end containing sections 106 to 114. UND's allotted tickets do include Section 106. So hopefully UND will be attacking that end twice, which is traditional for the X. Although, who knows how the NCAA works.

Sorry for the confusion in my initial post and I had hoped to edit it before anyone replied.

as a fan who cant afford to go....i cant say i feel sorry for you if you are at one end or the other....

Yeah, good point, this is my first frozen four. I have wanted to do this for years but couldn't afford it, so I am fortunate to be going. Thanks for pointing that out.

A friend of mine emailed somebody at the XCEL Center with some quesitons, including which end the Sioux will be shooting at twice. Here was the response: For Thursday’s game, North Dakota will be on the west bench in section 116, so they be attacking the net on the east end (section 123) twice. Bench assignments for Saturday’s championship game will be determined after the conclusion of Thursday’s semifinals.

That's interesting...at the final 5 the top seeded-Sioux attacked twice at the other end where I was sitting...(section 108)